Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The interview I would like to see on C9

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Code​Monkey666

I am very interested in the next version of SharePoint.

A few of my questions

• Will it use the WinFS instead of SQLServer for the datastore?
    • What flavors will it come in?
    • What are the target Beta / Release quarters?

Fixed typo ..errr

• User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

That would indeed be an interesting video!

• User profile image
    j0217995

I second that.  Just starting to use Sharepoint and I like what I see.  More info on this product all around would be great

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

I would actually like to see some Niners interviewed on C9.  I think that would be pretty cool.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

rjdohnert wrote:
    I would actually like to see some Niners interviewed on C9.  I think that would be pretty cool.

I'd rather Scoble, Charles, and the rest of the team spend their C9 time interviewing people at Microsoft.  I think that interviewing Niners goes too far away from the purpose of the site-- which is to give a look into MS.

• User profile image
    raymond

Initialy I ignored Sharepoint.

I recently saw the light--it is all about collaboration--and would like to learn more.

Several interviews would be useful.

My main concern is the cost of the server to small and medium size businesses, who are my clients.

Great idea.Smiley

Cool

• User profile image
    Mark Brown

CodeMonkey666 wrote:

• Will it use the WinFS instead of SQLServer for the datastore?

I believe it's SQL Server or the embedded version of that if I'm not mistaken.

CodeMonkey666 wrote:

• What flavors will it come in?

You mean like vanilla or chocolate? Wink Not sure on the question, can you rephrase?

CodeMonkey666 wrote:

• What are the target Beta / Release quarters?

Scheduled for release here when Office goes RTM which I believe is November so if your on MSDN Universal it would be then. General Availability is January.

There's a ton of content here on C9. Check out, http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/In_the_Office

• User profile image
    irascian

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:

I'd rather Scoble, Charles, and the rest of the team spend their C9 time interviewing people at Microsoft.  I think that interviewing Niners goes too far away from the purpose of the site-- which is to give a look into MS.

I couldn't agree more.

If niners want to see other niners interviewed there's nothing to stop them organising that themselves and then posting a link here Smiley

• User profile image
    irascian

I would like to see/hear something about two of the bigger Microsoft stories which crossed over to the mainstream media this week, announcements of two new partnerships:

- One with Peter Jackson in the area ofvideo gaming

- One with the BBC who I hear unofficially are moving away from their traditional Perl-based approach to a very Microsoft-centric one.

It would be fun to hear more about what these partnerships actually mean and perhaps some interviews with those likely to be involved both on the Microsoft side and on the associated partner side.

• User profile image
    Code​Monkey666

I'v have checked out most of the content plus what came on the latest "charming your source code" DVD from the last live event here in Houston a couple of weeks back.

Since my original post winFX has been scutteled with the remaining bits getting put into framework 3.0. I had high hopes for file level replication but I guess my hope ride with Groove tech now.

I'v make a lot of progress with WSS3.0 and have created a customized interface for non Office apps. The next big hurdle will be disconnected replication for collaboration efforts.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.