Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Vista and VirtualPC on the ICBMs

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cairo

So, XP won't boot on an ICBM (Intel Chip Based Macintosh). Has anyone tried (or heard of anyone trying) to boot Vista on an ICBM?

Second question.

Any word on an ICBM-native version of VirtualPC?

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

No, I've never heard of anyone trying to boot Vista on a missile...  it's against the license agreement to use beta software in a production environment, much less such a dangerous one.

But, seriously, Vista won't (yet) boot on an Intel Mac because EFI support isn't complete in the most recent CTPs.  They will do it eventually, though:  they just have to get Microsoft to finish up EFI.

(who calls an intel mac an ICBM? Wink )

• User profile image
    Cairo

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:

(who calls an intel mac an ICBM? Wink )

According to Steve (the crazy one -- no, the other crazy one, with with black shirts), the new MacBooks are the bomb.

I plan to get one. My ideal scenario is being able to run XP in VMWare/VirtualPC on it, so when I just have to run *insert program here* (okay, MapPoint), I can -- at "full speed". Dual-booting to run Age of Empires 3 and Rise of Nations would be cool as well.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.