Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

McAfee and IE7 don't mix

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    mastermine

I dont think Mcafee likes internet explorer 7

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

I noticed... that's why I dumped IE7.  VirusScan doesn't work either, or the Firewall console.  If you remove IE7, it goes back to normal.  (It has something to do with different protocol handling or something).

• User profile image
    Cairo

McAfee sucks.

Also, putting uncompressed BMPs on a web page sucks. Even MSPAINT saves in JPEG and PNG formats, ya know.

You just posted 1.1 MB of white. I saved it as a PNG and it came out at 12kb.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I use McAfee VirusScan Enterprise and have not had any problems with IE7.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

The home versions use an HTML-based UI which IE7 breaks.

• User profile image
    mastermine

Sorry about the file size its now a 8kb JPEG

I am going to change to McAfee VirusScan Corp

(Has any one notest the lag when typeing here in IE7)

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

mastermine wrote:
    Sorry about the file size its now a 8kb JPEG

I am going to change to McAfee VirusScan Corp

(Has any one notest the lag when typeing here in IE7)

The lag was the other reason I removed IE7...  except on some websites using the RTE, it doesn't remove what you backspaced over until you type something else.  Very deeply annoying.

• User profile image
    mastermine

i had that problem but it does not seem to happen any more its just a bit slow to reackt when i type

• User profile image
    DMassy

Known issues that you can expect to be addressed.

The best way to report issues with the preview of beta 2 of IE7 is through the feedback mechanisms outlined at http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/01/31/520817.aspx
    There will be an awful lot of channel 9 threads if every IE7 issue is reported here;)

We've got lots of work to do before the final release. All the feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps us prioritise remaining work.

Thanks
    -Dave

• User profile image
    Cairo

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:
    I noticed... that's why I dumped IE7.  VirusScan doesn't work either, or the Firewall console.  If you remove IE7, it goes back to normal.  (It has something to do with different protocol handling or something).

A security product depending on the web browser in order to work correctly.

Sheesh.

• User profile image
    mastermine

The IE7 Blog allready has postes about and they now about it but there is now fix yet if u use McAfee ISS Do Not Install IE7

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.