Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

when does VBA support end

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Pace

Heya  all,

Can someone tell me when support for VBA finish, basically im trying to convince my company to make the change to .net...

Thanks,

• User profile image
    mule

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't.  .NET is not a replacement for VBA

• User profile image
    Maurits

I love VBA's named arguments.  Why don't more languages have them?

• User profile image
    cheong

As far as I remember, the offical support for VBA ends somewhere in 2010. So there's still 4 years to go.

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Sabot

cheong wrote:
    As far as I remember, the offical support for VBA ends somewhere in 2010. So there's still 4 years to go.

VBA is actually tied to the version of Office it is shipped with so therefore will go out of support when that version of Office goes out of support.

More information can be found here.

• User profile image
    BryanF

I know at some point Microsoft is releasing a technology called Visual Studio Tools for Applications (VSTA) that seems to cover many of the same macro scenarios as simple Office VBA scripts. My guess is that it'll be released as part of "Orcas" and may eventually subsume the role of VBA. If you've got a bunch of VBA scripts for Office, it may be a good time to look at porting to .Net. Office 2007 seems to have vastly improved overall managed interfaces, plus there's also WWF on the horizon. It'll all depends on your budget/schedule, but it's something to think about.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.