Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Corrupt media player 10?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Xenon101

Whenever I try to connect to http or mms streams media player won't connect.  I've tried with streams that are 100% guaranteed working and with an open connection to the net.  It won't even connect to my local win2k3 media services Sad

I can't re-install media player because i'm running mce 2005 which comes with media player 10 Sad  Any ideas how I could sort it, as I'm pretty sure it must be some sort of corruption causing the problem.

• User profile image
    Stephen

You could try running 'sfc /scannow'

You need your original cd and any service packs need applying after you have run it.

C:\>sfc /?

Microsoft (R) Windows (R) File Checker Version 5.2
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

SFC [/SCANNOW] [/SCANONCE] [/SCANBOOT] [/REVERT] [/PURGECACHE] [/CACHESIZE=x]

/SCANNOW        Scans all protected system files immediately.
    /SCANONCE       Scans all protected system files once at the next boot.
    /SCANBOOT       Scans all protected system files at every boot.
    /REVERT         Return scan to default setting.
    /PURGECACHE     Purges the file cache.
    /CACHESIZE=x    Sets the file cache size.

• User profile image
    Stephen

Edit: Double post

• User profile image
    Red5

What about a firewall blocking a certain port to MP?

• User profile image
    Xenon101

Well i'll give that sfc a bash later on, meanwhile i'm 100% sure my firewall is all good, as I only have windows firewall enabled and theres one that blocks external access but thats a hardware box connected to my server.

Also there's absolutely nothing to stop wmp communicating with the internal media services. It's been like this literally since the day I installed, the day before I had XP Pro and it worked Sad

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.