Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Charles...video question

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    billh

Charles,

Is there a way to access all of the video titles on this site, other than paging through them a few at a time? Some additional title/tag info would be nice, too. What I need is one centralized, remotely accessible way of grabbing all the titles and images (sort of like the "who's online" page).

I have an idea.

:O

• User profile image
    Minh

you mean like this?

• User profile image
    billh

Close, but not quite.  The XML (RSS feed) doesn't have some of the early videos listed...plus, it would be nice to get the actual images in there too...didn't Charles say he was going to put up some web services in 2005? Did that ever happen?

• User profile image
    Minh

billh wrote:

it would be nice to get the actual images in there too...

You can infer the image URL from the post ID.

• User profile image
    billh

True...I didn't think of that. Smiley

• User profile image
    Charles

We do not provide an RSS feed for all of our videos for perf reasons. Web services are on the horizon: 2006 sometime. There are no hard dates yet.

What are you trying to do and why?

C

• User profile image
    billh

I'm trying to see if I could come up with some type of "video library"  app, where it would pull in all the video names, images, and links and then present them in a "video store" type format.  It would be sort of like walking into a virtual 3-D library, where the aisles would be organized by "show" or "tags". Ideally, I would only show the titles on the video box (think of a videocassette box from your local movie store as seen from the side) and if a user hovers the mouse over it the box would rotate out in 3-D to show the image.  I suppose I could try doing that with just the tag/show categories...? It would be nice to show all the video titles at once in this "virtual library", however.

Is that too crazy of an idea?

:O

• User profile image
    Stephen

billh wrote:

Is that too crazy of an idea?

No far from crazy, innovative.

I kind of asked for a similar thing here just minutes ago. Tongue Out

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.