Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Source of software sale/buying habit data for MicroISV

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    z33driver

Anyone know of a source of data on online sales of software?

I want to see a breakdown by quarter and by month of software sales by category, and by price-per-unit brackets, and maybe a top-20 list.  Does anyone aggregate this type of data?  Maybe one of the shareware sale "enabler" services?

• User profile image
    z33driver

Edit: removed, double post

• User profile image
    rhm

That kind of info is hard to come by. I'd tend to look at how many people the product is supporting and estimate from that how much they are making. If all the technical support is done by the author and it looks like the website and documentation was designed by them as well, then they're probably not making a whole lot, esp. if they appear to be holding down another programming job as well.

• User profile image
    z33driver

Yeah...  I didn't have a particular ISV in mind, I'm more trying to gauge what types of software products are in demand by consumers / what are people actually really buying?  I guess I could look at popular downloads on a site like Downloads.com but its hard to know how many downloaders are converted into buyers.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.