Coffeehouse Thread

18 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

What frozen pizza for programmers is preferred by Microserfs?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    z33driver

I've been pulling a LOT of all-nighters lately coding 24/7 to hit our release date.  For awhile I was subsisting on Tombstone pizzas, cherry coke, and iced tea.

I've started to not like the Tombstone pepperoni pizza anymore.  The problem is they put slices of pepperoni on it but there also these little cubes of some unknown substance under the cheese that make it taste weird.  It also says on the label that the pepperoni is made with chicken, beef, and pork.  Who uses chicken in pepperoni?

So what frozen pizza's do the Microserfs prefer to have slid under their doors during late or all night coding sessions?

I went to the Giant grocery store and bought 2 Freschetta pizzas to try.  I have a pepperoni "brick oven" style Freschetta pizza in the oven right now, hopefully it is better than Tombstone.

What's the best Pizza for Programmers?

• User profile image
    dahat

For many years I sustained myself on Jacks pizzas and lately have been on a Tombstone Brickoven kick (when they are cheap). I’ve often found Freschetta’s enjoyable... except for the price as I am a cheap (I need to watch my language) and will often buy the cheapest I can unless they are on my blecth list.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Taco Bell.

Its my pick for late night-I-need-to-rest-my-hands-and-get-out break.  They have Mexican pizza, although its hot and not frozen and that's not what I get there.  Good nonetheless.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Dominos Steak Pizza

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

Myself I like Tony's, Tombstone and some of the Stouffers frozen pizzas. I'm not that picky at 3am though so anything goes.

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Domino's Spectacular Sevens.  Unlimited toppings for $7 each.  Normally I'll get 3x(5x chicken, 2x pineapple, 2x mushroom).  Same price, quick delivery, and they never wise up to bad checks.

• User profile image
    z33driver

The Freschetta brick oven pepperoni pizza was much better than the tombstone.  On sale at Giant for $5.99, which is a bit more than the Tombstone's which are $3.50, but worth it.

I've got another non-brick oven style Freschetta to try.  I think I will buy some more of the brick oven ones though.

The other ones I saw at the store were Tony's, Red Baron, Giant store brand, DiGiornio, and a bunch of others.  I tried the one of the DiGiornio self-rising frozen pizzas but it tasted really salty like there was a weird coating on the bottom of the crust (tasted like it was made of salt).

I am completely exhausted and I can't wait for this crunch to be over.

• User profile image
    UlsterFry

Ain't nothing quite like making your own pizza Big Smile

• User profile image
    littleguru

I think that frozen pizza is disgusting. You should get a pizza in Italy. That will help you forget about all other types of pizzas Wink

• User profile image
    cheong

littleguru wrote:
    I think that frozen pizza is disgusting. You should get a pizza in Italy. That will help you forget about all other types of pizzas Wink

But the price difference can be large.

A normal pizza(9-inch) ordered from "Pizza hut" is about $120 here (around USD$15), where 1 one-person serve size frozen pizza(3.5 inch) is $10 each only (around USD$1.28). Even if I order 8 pcs, it'll cost $80 only for us.

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    sbc

UlsterFry wrote:
    Ain't nothing quite like making your own pizza

Cheaper too (pizza companies make loads of profit). But time spent making them is time lost in programming.

I suppose rather than making the dough, you could get a base and then put on your topics (although with a bread maker you can make dough with little effort).

Some pizza recipes, courtesy of Google Base.

• User profile image
    sbc

littleguru wrote:

Italy is the home of pizza after all. We just have inferior imitations in the UK.

• User profile image
    UlsterFry

sbc wrote:
    UlsterFry wrote:Ain't nothing quite like making your own pizza

Cheaper too (pizza companies make loads of profit). But time spent making them is time lost in programming.

I suppose rather than making the dough, you could get a base and then put on your topics (although with a bread maker you can make dough with little effort).

Some pizza recipes, courtesy of Google Base.

Well, i usually make up some pizza sauce that I can store in the fridge, doesn't take that long and it's simple to do. I must admit I buy the bases. Then just fire up the oven, throw together what scraps of food you can find, and 20 mins later..  Pizza.. ..I don't think it takes much longer (apart from making the sauce) than telephone pizza.

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

It's very handy that I have two all night pizza places located in the same building, they are aways trying to out do the other on price.  At the moment it's buy one get one free Smiley

Stephen.

• User profile image
    Chadk

I dont eat frozen pizza. They are just very very disgusting in my opinien..

And if you eat many, they might not be very healty, unless you do alot of exercises. Which i really dont get to do. All my time i code.

• User profile image
    mjanssen007

Jack's is the best.  That or Village Pub if you are in the mood for a more schlop-on-a-shingle type pizza.  if you have Kwik Trip in your area... Urge pizza is great too. 

If you've got the time to get out for a run, mix it up with Taco Bell some nights for sure...

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

cheong wrote:
    But the price difference can be large.

A normal pizza(9-inch) ordered from "Pizza hut" is about $120 here

I'd quit eating pizza if they were that much.

• User profile image
    Karim

Cybermagellan wrote:
    cheong wrote: But the price difference can be large.

A normal pizza(9-inch) ordered from "Pizza hut" is about $120 here

I'd quit eating pizza if they were that much.

LOL

Yes, but you can get a lot of programming done if you order the $120 pizza with crystal meth and cocaine toppings.  Big Smile

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.