Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Binning your life?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Manip

Is binning your life and trying to start over realistic, or just an impossible pipe dream?

Plus are some things too far gone to change now?

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Nope you can always change.

• User profile image
    lars

Manip wrote:
    Is binning your life and trying to start over realistic

I guess I could put my cardboard box up for a second mortgage... Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

First thing I think of when reading this post:

Dissociative Fugue

Not that I'm implying you have psychological issues, b/c you don't intentionally go into this "fugue state,"  it's a result of amnesia of some kind (head trauma, etc., see article).

• User profile image
    LaBomba

lars wrote:
    Manip wrote: Is binning your life and trying to start over realistic

I guess I could put my cardboard box up for a second mortgage...

After what the russians did to you, there's holes in that cardboard box. (Cardboard box = swedish defence)

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    bikini

Manip wrote:
    Is binning your life and trying to start over realistic, or just an impossible pipe dream?

How should I know? Wink

• User profile image
    Karim

Manip wrote:

If this guy binned his life, I imagine you can too.  Big Smile

• User profile image
    z33driver

Manip wrote:

Aren't you young and in college?  You've got plenty of time...  No dream is impossible.

The only certainties are death and taxes.

• User profile image
    bikini

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:
    First thing I think of when reading this post:

Dissociative Fugue

Fugue? Well no, but I thought of crying Freebird (uh, dissociably)... :o

• User profile image
    eagle

Reincarnation is your only hope…...better luck next time....

• User profile image
    Karim

bikini wrote:
    CannotResolveSymbol wrote: First thing I think of when reading this post:

Dissociative Fugue

Fugue? Well no, but I thought of crying Freebird (uh, dissociably)... :o

I saw a cartoon once: a conductor holding a baton standing in front of his orchestra, his arms raised dramatically before the first downbeat in a piece of classical music (possibly a fugue)...

...and some guy in the audience behind him yells, "Freebird!"

Freebird's just another word for nothing left to lose...

• User profile image
    Angus

Wasn't there an artist who destroyed everything that he owned, except the clothes that he was wearing at the time? I don't think it was sensible, but who knows what he was thinking?

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Sabot

Manip wrote:

Change happens all the time, it's like death and taxes, a life certainty, us humans are actually very good at adapting to it. So you can adapt to new environments and new situations if you wish.

The major barrier is will-power, you have to really want to provoke change and then adapt to it and people on the whole don't think they like change much as it makes them feel insecure and unstable. This is just your protection system creating an illusion, ignore it and strive forward. Hey, how else have people strived forward? By getting out of their comfort zone and realising that it wasn't that hard after all.

It's part of life, like passing your driving test, buying a house, getting married and having babies. We all have to come to terms with ourselves before we can conquer them, this all takes will-power specially if you are not a confident person. But don't worry about that either, everyone and I mean everyone including you can do it ... us humans are great, lets not under-estimate ourselves, and don't you do that either!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.