Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Question on IE7 and tabs

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    j0217995

How do i set things up, so that if I click on a link in an email, it opens?up in a new tab, instead of a new window?

• User profile image
    BruceMorgan

You can't, yet.  We should have support for that implemented by Beta 2.

• User profile image
    Sabot

BruceMorgan wrote:
    You can't, yet.  We should have support for that implemented by Beta 2.

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm creeping but .... how cool is that!!! That little feature will be so handy specially if I can setup my GMAIL as well as my Hotmail and not just tied down to one.

Hmmm perhaps even my sharepoint portals as well .... my blog, channel9, hey the list is endless!

Do you know, it's coool coming up with the ideas, but it suck trying to code them, nice one IE team!

• User profile image
    j0217995

I thought I was using Beta2?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

j0217995 wrote:
    I thought I was using Beta2?

Beta2 Preview != Beta2

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Sabot wrote:
    BruceMorgan wrote:You can't, yet.  We should have support for that implemented by Beta 2.

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm creeping but .... how cool is that!!! That little feature will be so handy specially if I can setup my GMAIL as well as my Hotmail and not just tied down to one.

Hmmm perhaps even my sharepoint portals as well .... my blog, channel9, hey the list is endless!

Do you know, it's coool coming up with the ideas, but it suck trying to code them, nice one IE team!

Huh?  Setup your GMail as well as your Hotmail to open links in new tabs instead of new windows?  And your blog, sharepoint portals, and channel9 as well?  I think you misunderstood the question.

• User profile image
    tribalcactus

Not to put down the IE team, because I think they are doing a good job, but Maxthon has had this functionality for a LOOOONNNGGG time.

I've been tempted to switch back to using it several times during the IE Beta.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.