Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

WinAmp problems

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    SlackmasterK

WinAmp’s been giving me strange problems.  Anytime I play a video file, I get these black blocks on the left and right of the screen.  This happens regardless of which monitor I play it on, video format, codecs, etc.  What bothers me most is that it’s only in WinAmp, and that’s the only player I like!  Anyone ever seen this?

• User profile image
    Manip

Take it out of full screen. Hit the button in the top left hand corner.

Window Settings -> Scaling -> 100%

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Yeah it works fine in windowed mode.  Full screen mode is what I'm trying to fix.

• User profile image
    Manip

SlackmasterK wrote:
    Yeah it works fine in windowed mode.  Full screen mode is what I'm trying to fix.

Thus why you should do what I said above..

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

It's already scaled to 100%.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

SlackmasterK wrote:
    It's already scaled to 100%.

Using any custom codec packs?

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Best advice I have is to play around with the hardware acceleration settings.

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Yeah I'm using the Kazaa codec pack and Divx 3, 4, 5, and 6; though it did this before these were installed as well.  It does it even if I'm watching an MPG or Cinepak encoded AVI.  (I install Divx 3 because it comes with MP3 audio encoding options, far superior to CPM).  Tried disabling hardware accel but that didn't help.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.