Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Office Live Rocks!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

OK, I'm gonna get mushy. I got my Office Live Beta account today and all I have to say is I like it alot. It requires IE however for a free domain name and pretty much Frontpage shoved into webpages I'm pretty suprised. I went with the "Basic" plan because I don't want to get charged and it comes with 1GB bandwidth data and 30MB storage as well as email. I just decided to hop on it real quick and about 5 minutes later had a page that I was really happy with. I'm pretty certain once I have it all up I'll move my "blog" over to it or use it for projects I do.

A few things I don't like about it is how templated it is. Besides that so far I'm pretty happy with the results for a free service, durring AND after the beta Smiley

Anyone else have an account? What do you think so far?

• User profile image
    Shiv

i am yet to get my beta invite although i got a mail that beta is just around the corner sometime back. the other thing is i registered for it thinking that it might be useful for my uncle who has a small business , now he doesn't want it . so don't know what i'll do with it once i get it .

• User profile image
    ZippyV

You probably won't get it because the beta is for US users only. Sad

• User profile image
    Manip

Does it strike anyone else as odd that this new product range is under the "Office" brand? ... It has very little to do with Office.

• User profile image
    Sourcecode

Manip wrote:
    Does it strike anyone else as odd that this new product range is under the "Office" brand? ... It has very little to do with Office.

I was under the impression that it was set to be a replacement for Outlook part of the office suite. I have no access to the beta, but judging from the flash demo that is the impression I walked away with.

Am I wrong ?:O

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Sourcecode wrote:
    I was under the impression that it was set to be a replacement for Outlook part of the office suite. I have no access to the beta, but judging from the flash demo that is the impression I walked away with.

Thinking of Outlook Web Access?

That's been around since Exchange 5.x

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Zeo wrote:

j/k of course...I'm happy your excited...now can you stop harassing me when I get excited about something MS related here on C9?

Getting mushy is OK, getting excited is OK. Kissing the rear of the team that runs a community is kissing up, Kissing the rear of the CSA of the team that runs the community is even worse.

Be excited for the product, be happy for the people.

Sorry Zeo you just get branding of a "lesser employee" trying to kiss the bosses rear when you post stuff like your last one. Like it or leave it...that's my opinion

• User profile image
    yanchaowang

when will I get my own beta live office...[C][C][C]

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.