Coffeehouse Thread

19 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Thanks for Vista Beta

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Stephen

To whom it may concern,

Thanks for the invitation to particpate in the Vista Beta program. I have been a loyal....

WooHoo...

Bugger Formality...

A big thanks to whoever nominated me. Big Smile

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

Welcome to the elite ranks of the Vista beta tester!

(just watch out for the trolls and disgruntleds that lurk on the beta newsgroups)

• User profile image
    paulo

Congratulation Stephen, I also receive today the invitation for Vista .

See you in the newsgroups

• User profile image
    Stephen

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:
    How'd you get beta invites?  Did Charles actually get through on the "invite niners" push this time, or is Microsoft just admitting a new group of people?

I don't really care though...  unlike most testers, I don't have a dedicated machine to test on and my laptop needs to stay reasonably stable.

It may of happened from the 'R2' beta testing or there were a few blogs that posted places to register for the beta or send an e-mail to them and they would nominate you.

Needless to say everytime I saw a place to drop my e-mail I did. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

How'd you get beta invites?  Did Charles/Scoble actually get through on the "invite niners" push this time, or is Microsoft just admitting a new group of people?

I don't really care though...  unlike most testers, I don't have a dedicated machine to test on and my laptop needs to stay reasonably stable.

[edit] wasn't it Scoble trying to do that?  oops.

• User profile image
    joem83

I tried as well but was not as lucky Perplexed.   But at least I am in the Office 12, Office 2007 beta.  Big Smile

Stephen wrote:

It may of happened from the 'R2' beta testing or there were a few blogs that posted places to register for the beta or send an e-mail to them and they would nominate you.

Needless to say everytime I saw a place to drop my e-mail I did.

• User profile image
    amd_duron

The Vista Feb CTP is pretty nice, I was actually impressed, the previous CTP lasted about 5 hours on the hard drive, only slightly longer than it took to install.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

I got 10001 betas....still not Office 12, Vista, or IE7...

But I get to use them at work, so it kinda evens out. Everyone knows my feelings on that. Does anyone else here get to use it at work but not on "personal" machines? Or am I expressing too much integrity by not bringing that stuff home.
  • User profile image
    amd_duron

Does your company have software assurance? There is a home use clause there saying users can take office home and use there, legally, pretty neat Smiley  
    But I don't know if it applies for betas.

That is why my home office is the one with access, best of both.

• User profile image
    Stephen

Cybermagellan wrote:

But I get to use them at work, so it kinda evens out. Everyone knows my feelings on that. Does anyone else here get to use it at work but not on "personal" machines? Or am I expressing too much integrity by not bringing that stuff home.

When I posted this I knew you would be either Smiley or Sad

I think they must go through phases or have some good profiling on us. The R2 beta went for sooo long and as soon as that finished I tried really hard for Exchange12/Outlook12 and no cigar. I never tried for Vista as I wanted Longhorn Server. Shame it took so long to realise one in the same. (kind of) Sad

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Stephen wrote:
    Cybermagellan wrote:

When I posted this I knew you would be either or

I'm very Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile for you...and it's not a big deal for me however I'd rather like to have that "Hey I can use it at home and work" answer. As for taking Vista home...um that's a no. Our IC department hates if you even type on the keyboards wrong.

• User profile image
    andokai

I've an idea where the nomination came from but I don't want to say and send millions of people to take down his blog and e-mail. I got a nomination too recently and it was the only place where I asked for one.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Also...thanks for the hookup Big Smile
    YAY!!111Eleven!!!1111

• User profile image
    Stephen

Cybermagellan wrote:
    Also...thanks for the hookup
    YAY!!111Eleven!!!1111

Good one, I am trying to decide if I could run this as my primary OS.

• User profile image
    Shiv

Microsoft Connect wrote:

Announcement

Hello Participant

We appreciate your response to our program. The Beta trial for Windows Starter 2007 is currently closed.

Thank you for your interest.

this is the most frustrating reply i have ever got. it would have been better if you stoped or closed this BEFORE people signed up for this .Mad

• User profile image
    David7738

Stephen wrote:
    Cybermagellan wrote: Also...thanks for the hookup
    YAY!!111Eleven!!!1111

Good one, I am trying to decide if I could run this as my primary OS.

Since it doesn't suport my Headset (logitech usb headset) with USB audio I can't use it as my primary OS.

• User profile image
    Vmoe

I tried, I tried, I tried...but then I got nothing, now I am running Vista build 5342, it's perfect, but I have a non-licenced Key ! well ! I already posted a feedback using Microsoft Beta Client (Windows Photo Gallery crashes...) Perplexed

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

(ReBump)
    So far the only improvement I've seen from 5308 to 5342 is that it now detects the drives on my RAID controllers.  It still refuses to recognize the controllers, but the drives on them are fine.  Except the SATA drive. Plus, it detected the drives randomly yesterday about half an hour after logging in, and popped up an Autorun for one of them!  These are ATA drives! Strange. Still refuses to install both video cards at the same time. Still asks permission to do everything.  Needs a "Never bug me about this again" checkbox on every dialog, that's for sure.  And I have yet to figure out how to log on as an admin. Is there no such thing?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.