Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Attn: IE Team

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Will IE7 RTM have some way to remember my preference not to install a plugin?  I find it rather annoying when I regularly visit a website that wants to show me something in QuickTime, Flash, etc and I have to click "no" or hit 'N' several times each refresh.  I'd really appreciate a simple checkbox that says "Remember my preference" which would eliminate any future popups of said request box.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Good idea!

• User profile image
    Maurits

Or remember my preference...

... for this session
    ... for this site
    ... for this plugin

?

• User profile image
    Flip

The first option is great to initiate this dicussion (trying not to upset the original poster), but I do LOVE the last option.

There should be away to reset it to, in case I change my mind later on.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Maurits wrote:
    Or remember my preference...

... for this session
    ... for this site
    ... for this plugin

?

How would you remember a preference for each plugin?

...oh yeah, by CLSID.

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Flip wrote:

The first option is great to initiate this dicussion (trying not to upset the original poster), but I do LOVE the last option.

There should be away to reset it to, in case I change my mind later on.

Hey I don't mind.  My ultimate goal is more options and better configuration.

• User profile image
    Maurits

W3bbo wrote:
    Maurits wrote:Or remember my preference...

... for this session
    ... for this site
    ... for this plugin

?

How would you remember a preference for each plugin?

...oh yeah, by CLSID.

Oh, that brings up another one:

... for this MIME type

• User profile image
    cheong

And anything to make the Kiosk mode of IE to behave like what a real Koisk browser would be.

Basically I wish to have to onscreen keyboard enabled whenever I hit anywhere keyboard is appropiate, not allowed to launch application other than those predefined, not allowed to be minimized, replace "close" with "restart brower" option unless the machine is really going down, and "do not allow settings be changed in kiosk mode", etc.

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    SlackmasterK

So, anyone on the IE team care to respond? 

• User profile image
    DMassy

SlackmasterK wrote:
    So, anyone on the IE team care to respond? 

In XP SP2 we introduced the ability to always say no to a particular publisher along with the manage add-ons dialog to give the user greater control of extensions. at that time we tried to enforce.
    There is more work being done in IE7 see this article on MSDN for details. We continue to work on this entire area and combined with Protected Mode in Vista I think IE7 is shaping up well to deliver an extremely secure browsing experience.

Thanks
    -Dave

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Huh.  I guess the saying is true then:  "If it's working, you'll never notice it".  Or whatever wording you prefer Smiley

• User profile image
    LaBomba

It's very apparent that

Scobles really gotten through to the IE team.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.