Coffeehouse Thread

54 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Office 2007 Technical Refresh Screenshots!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Andre Da Costa

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presskits/2007office/default.mspx

Does anybody see any similarities between Netscape 8 and Office 2007?

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

People still use Netscape?!? Sorry, had to be said.  Where are some screenshots for Netscape 8? I haven't used that since version 6, which ran like a tortoise.

• User profile image
    Andre Da Costa

IPB Image

• User profile image
    balupton

Andre Da Costa wrote:
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presskits/2007office/default.mspx

Sorry but if you mean this as 'microsoft stole netscapes layout', i need to reply as 'you got to be kidding'.

I don't see it as stealing even if they did take the idea from netscape, I see it as bringing a effecient technology into a product that needs it.

It reminds me of Mac Users saying wow vista stole our search icon.
    I mean come on, how many different ways can you make a magnifing glass look.
    And hey if it looks good might as well use it.

Another example is Mac Users saying yep Vista also stole our idea for integrated indexed searching.
    Every OS needs this, its a step to build the next generation OS.
    It's like saying whoah someone stole my idea for a monitor! - How else can you bring a effecient and cost effective graphical display to the user.

You see where i'm heading...

• User profile image
    AndyD

That's starting to look very nice indeed, especially now that they have sorted out the top left corner of the window and gotten rid of the silver. The whole lot looks nicely integrated with each other.

Makes me wonder how many other programs will start to emulate O12 (at least to some degree), especially MS programs such as IE.

• User profile image
    Andre Da Costa

balupton wrote:
    Andre Da Costa wrote: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presskits/2007office/default.mspx

Sorry but if you mean this as 'microsoft stole netscapes layout', i need to reply as 'you got to be kidding'.

I don't see it as stealing even if they did take the idea from netscape, I see it as bringing a effecient technology into a product that needs it.

It reminds me of Mac Users saying wow vista stole our search icon.
    I mean come on, how many different ways can you make a magnifing glass look.
    And hey if it looks good might as well use it.

Another example is Mac Users saying yep Vista also stole our idea for integrated indexed searching.
    Every OS needs this, its a step to build the next generation OS.
    It's like saying whoah someone stole my idea for a monitor! - How else can you bring a effecient and cost effective graphical display to the user.

You see where i'm heading...

Do you jump to conclusions on everything? I did not say anything about stealing, I said, similarities, can't you comprehend that???
    Upgrade your processor man!

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

The interface works for Netscape but that is an UGLY Office interface.  The original looked very well, looked rather cool.  This looks like, should I be nice?  No, it looks like hell. I would be embarrassed to even show this in public.

• User profile image
    steamy

thx god, they are not idiots:-)
    the blue is ugly, but this is FANTASTIC!!!

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

The Black does look better, that looks much better that blue doesnt work.  The more I looked at that blue the more pissed off I got.  So unless you guys want me pulling a Ballmer and throwing chairs left and right, ditch the blue.

steamy wrote:
    thx god, they are not idiots:-)
    the blue is ugly, but this is FANTASTIC!!!

• User profile image
    PaoloM

AndyD wrote:
    Makes me wonder how many other programs will start to emulate O12 (at least to some degree), especially MS programs such as IE.

What do you mean?

Big Smile

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Screw the screenshots... Give me the Beta!

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

Cybermagellan wrote:
    Screw the screenshots... Give me the Beta!
    /agreed

• User profile image
    BryanF

The black theme is from Jensen Harris' supplemental collection of screenshots.

I'm really impressed. They've done a great job polishing the interface these last few months. Now we just have to see how this looks with glass.

Smiley

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

The top left corner bugs me, it's totally out of place. Expressionless

• User profile image
    jamie

re - the left circle button.  ...like the one that controls windows (round start button) so they are doing the same in office

i think that is the nicest looking application i have ever seen
    good work ms!

• User profile image
    Steve411

God that blue just pisses me off, it reminds me of the early days of longhorn.

- Steve

• User profile image
    Cairo

This is looking pretty good.  Kudos, Office Team.

It might be the first good Office upgrade since '97 Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.