Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

do you know ...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ion Todirel

a TV Channel only about computer hardware and software development: computer science?

• User profile image
    David7738

Ion Todirel wrote:

a TV Channel only about computer hardware and software development: computer science?

Depends upon where you are located.. The US cable stations dropped G4 - which was pretty low tech.

MSDN Canada occasionally puts out a MSNTV broadcast.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

generally speaking, in world

• User profile image
    Rowan

Ion Todirel wrote:

Yes, Channel 9.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

Channel 9 is not a TV Channel, you know, like AXN, Discovery, Cartoon Network etc.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Ion Todirel wrote:

Channel 9 is not a TV Channel, you know, like AXN, Discovery, Cartoon Network etc.

But those three are not available everywhere. You can't ask for a TV channel without excplictly specifying where are you.

And there are no "global" channels. (no, even CNN is not available everywhere)

• User profile image
    W3bbo

PaoloM wrote:
    And there are no "global" channels. (no, even CNN is not available everywhere)

BBC World Service over Shortwave Radio.

I win Smiley

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

does't matter where is available!

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Ion Todirel wrote:
    does't matter where is available!

Then, as David7738 said: MSDN Canada occasionally puts out a MSNTV broadcast.

To elaborate, last year the .NET Show was broadcasted by YTV in Canada at 2am. Also during the week (still at 2am) there were webcasts and presentations sponsored by MSDN Canada.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

only 1-2 channels on entire US? oh... 

• User profile image
    The J

The US used to have TechTV, but that merged with G4 (a videogame channel, I think). After merging, most viewers said the quality of the shows dropped considerably and so they stopped watching it. That would explain why many US cable providers no longer have it. I've never seen either channel, so I can't say for myself how good it was. Now if only they'd get rid of UPN...

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

at least channels about gadgets and consumer electronics? Microsoft should create one Big Smile

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

on10.net? Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.