Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

internet connection speed

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ion Todirel

hey niners! what is your internet conection speed? in MB/s not Mbps.

• User profile image
    phreaks

Ion Todirel wrote:
    hey niners! what is your internet conection speed? in MB/s not Mbps.

I doubt there are many ppl whose upstream can be measured in MB/s.

Mine is 15 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up.

You do the math. Cool

• User profile image
    ddewbofh

My speeds are 100mbps down and 10 up. I live in the country of great, cheap bandwidth. I pay about 35 euros for a fiber connection. Smiley

• User profile image
    krishnakuma​rhere

mine is a 128 kbps DSL connection (16K)

this is the average connection available for homes here (India).

our speed is no match with ur Perplexed

• User profile image
    adnanrafik

What do you want to do with the speed.

Wait for the Next Gen... Planet-to-Planet Internet. There you can utilize upstream in MBs...

• User profile image
    zzzzz

t1
    1.5 up and down

Satelitte at home

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

adnanrafik wrote:
    What do you want to do with the speed.

Wait for the Next Gen... Planet-to-Planet Internet. There you can utilize upstream in MBs...
    Speed wouldn't be the issue with Planet-to-Planet transmissions, latency would. The speed of light is only so fast.... theres no way around that unless they whip up some kind of sub-space communications array.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

ddewbofh wrote:
    My speeds are 100mbps down and 10 up. I live in the country of great, cheap bandwidth. I pay about 35 euros for a fiber connection.

I really envy you Swedes: best welfare state in the world, lax copyright laws, and now cheap fiber.

I'm stuck on ADSL 2048/256.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

100Mbps up and down, for only €8 per month. And for that price we also get a horribly annoying firewall so I can't use RDP or anything and an authentication system that has probably taken years of my life already in stress suffered trying to get it to work.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

night    - 50KiB/s
    on day - low

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.