Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Wow!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Angus

Now, I have seen many multiple monitor systems in my time, including all of the 9X Media ones, and several other companies models. This system is nowhere near as large as some of the massive ones, but it is just really cool. Check it out for your self:

http://plastk.net/blog/index.php?title=quake_3&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Now, I am no gamer by any stretch of the imagination, but this is just plain cool, I would love that, well, if it had better stands as the current ones look really cheap.

What do you think, anyone have something like this? (I know SlackmasterK does, do you play games on all of the monitors, I remember something where you said about having the entire map open on something like Civilisation 2 on the monitors, thus rendering scrolling obsolete?)

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    littleguru

Wohohooooooo! Beautiful Smiley

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

Although I must admit that it is very cool, it'd be far cheaper to invest in a high-end projector IMHO. Although with a projector you would lose the sense of peripheral vision with the screens placed in a parabolic shape, it wouldn't really make that much of a difference because I don't believe games are designed with peripheral vision in mind.

Still quite cool if you've got the cash to waste not only on all that hardware, but also on all the power you'd be using Wink

• User profile image
    UlsterFry

Do you get a bulk pack of screen-wipes for that thing?

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

Tyler Brown wrote:
    Although I must admit that it is very cool, it'd be far cheaper to invest in a high-end projector IMHO. Although with a projector you would lose the sense of peripheral vision with the screens placed in a parabolic shape, it wouldn't really make that much of a difference because I don't believe games are designed with peripheral vision in mind.

I think you miss the point of all this, it's not for gaming, it's about building gigapixel displays and distributing the graphics workload required for such large displays. http://infovis.cs.vt.edu/gigapixel/

Though many projectors would be a good solution a you could remove the bezel between each monitor with some careful alignment.

Stephen.

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

PerfectPhase wrote:
    I think you miss the point of all this, it's not for gaming, it's about building gigapixel displays and distributing the graphics workload required for such large displays. http://infovis.cs.vt.edu/gigapixel/

Though many projectors would be a good solution a you could remove the bezel between each monitor with some careful alignment.

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen, the page linked too mentioned nothing about this. Interesting read.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.