Coffeehouse Thread

19 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

C9 idea? "Hot tip"

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

the other day when zeo posted about getting into the vista beta (Hurry!) it made me wonder about all the times everyone has asked about "getting the beta"..

i forget which post it was - but charles actually commented something like: "i really really did try - i just couldnt get the betas.. what can i do?"

back to zeo's post - and perhaps a fun - NON COMMITTAL - way for ms to "award" a few invites - every now and again

so here it is - simply - have a Hot Tip icon - and post a thread whenever that says basically like zeo's

"50 beta invites for the first ones to sign up - go NOW!"

if you miss it - you miss it

if you are here alot - hopefully youll catch it

hopefully it will make you here even more than now ( not possible in my case Wink)

so would that work?

every now and then - we see c9 hot tip: go here now - and when its done - its done

no links on the net for ms to worry about - no preferentail treatment for 9-ers

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

I'll go ahead and second that.  But only because I always miss the good ones (or am too cheap to spring for costly subscriptions).

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

SlackmasterK wrote:
    I'll go ahead and second that.  But only because I always miss the good ones (or am too cheap to spring for costly subscriptions).

I'll second that as well.  That would be awesome!

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

I'll second that... Of course who would get to post using this icon? What would stop people posting their own product as a "Hot Tip", would Robert, or anyone on the C9 team even care to do this?

• User profile image
    C9Guy

As always we appreciate your loyal support.

First 50 people to register here [ link ]
    become eligable for Office System 2007 beta 1

Good luck!

C9 Guy

PS:   GO!

• User profile image
    jamie

as you can see.. c9guy would have to   ( sigh)  haha

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

C9Guy wrote:

Good luck!

C9 Guy

C9 guy?  Seems you'd have to have been reading for awhile to know to create a name like that... But I digress... Your "link" seems to be a joke.

• User profile image
    c9girl

there you are!

im slaving over a hot rack of blade servers all day and your out playing santa claus with beta invites??

you get your 9 @ss home pronto!

C9 Girl  

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

C9Guy wrote:

Good luck!

C9 Guy

Am I too late, or was this simply a demonstration?

• User profile image
    Karim

c9girl wrote:
    there you are!

im slaving over a hot rack of blade servers all day and your out playing santa claus with beta invites??

you get your 9 @ss home pronto!

C9 Girl  

LOL

[meow]  [whipcrack]

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

Hmmm. Seems this thread contains some suspect screen names. Perhaps someone has multiple screen names? 

I often wonder if people who have multiple screen names (especially ones whose personalities are radically different) are competent enough to code software.

• User profile image
    jamie

i think there's a couple who looks like that living on the block next to me.

i have seen them at the grocery store - they have the same type of bumpy heads.  They have quebec plates - so they are probably from France.

If you need a message relayed to them - let me know

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

blatzcoder wrote:
    Would this apply only to Microsoft products? What if Gnome launches another version? Isn't that worth a "flaming post" icon?
    Please. Just go away.  You're like a really cheap version of the real Beer28. 

blatz = cheap "imitation" beer

Do you enjoy wrecking Jamie's threads, too?

• User profile image
    jamie

blatzcoder wrote:
    Would this apply only to Microsoft products? What if Gnome launches another version? Isn't that worth a "flaming post" icon?

no

[6]

edit: err.. ya Hot Tips - would be good...

of course we'd need to "ask" people like zeo knows to "donate" their invites to c9...

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

This isn't for new product releases.  It's for stuff like beta invites or limited freebies.  When the product is already free, there's no reason to make it a "hot tip".

• User profile image
    TimP

As we've seen from Google the biggest way to generate hype is to give invitations to a few people who can then invite more people. Even better, make a "Vista Lottery" like the Gmail Invite Spooler from Summer 2004 where you keep refreshing a web page and people randomly get invites.

Making things invite only will generate hype for even the most unexciting things, as we've seen with Google Analytics.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Cornelius Ellsonpeter wrote:
    Hmmm. Seems this thread contains some suspect screen names. Perhaps someone has multiple screen names? 

I often wonder if people who have multiple screen names (especially ones whose personalities are radically different) are competent enough to code software.

Where do you think Multithreaded clients came from?

• User profile image
    Karim

Cornelius Ellsonpeter wrote:

Triumph: That's a good point.  Because typically, the problem with coders is not that they have one personality too many, but one personality too few.

I keed, I keed!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.