Coffeehouse Thread

21 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

SXSW

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    eagle

Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    eagle

Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    eagle

Generic Forum Image
    Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    eagle

Generic Forum Image
    Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    eagle

Generic Forum Image
    Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    eagle

Generic Forum Image
    Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    eagle

Generic Forum Image
    Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    eagle

Generic Forum Image
    Generic Forum Image
    Generic Forum Image
    Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    Cairo

Eagle,

Another Forrest Gump event, I see. What's the story on this one? SXSW is South by Southwest, right? What can y ou tell us about it?

On another note, I see a lot of Powerbooks there...

• User profile image
    eagle

Home

Having a good time wish you were here.......

I'm at a party now, on my 4th Dos Equis......don't know what became of the scobleizer...

....gota be in NYC for a Forbes Security Conference tomorrow morning.....

• User profile image
    scobleizer

I'm back home, just got into the Seattle Airport.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Did Zeldman, Dave Shea, or John Gruber attend?

• User profile image
    eagle

Yes, Jeffery was there, I met Dave last year........

• User profile image
    eagle

I was a security risk this morning as I arrived at The Metropolitan Club in Manhattan with two bags, Tom Ridge was the lunchtime speaker and it turns out he still has the protection of the Secrete Service. They didn't care if I had a bomb or not, they just wanted my bags far away from the former Homeland Security Director.

I'm the only guy without a tie in this ridiculously republican crowd, half of the attendees are Lawyers!

Not one of my friends in IT is here today, we had a great time last year. I met Lt Col John Ragsdalle, the IT Director at West Point here last year, he had great stories about going to DefCon, He sent me an email a few months ago tell me of his promotion and reassignment to Iraq...

• User profile image
    W3bbo

eagle wrote:
    I was a security risk this morning as I arrived at The Metropolitan Club in Manhattan with two bags, Tom Ridge was the lunchtime speaker and it turns out he still has the protection of the Secrete Service. They didn't care if I had a bomb or not, they just wanted my bags far away from the former Homeland Security Director.

I'm the only guy without a tie in this ridiculously republican crowd, half of the attendees are Lawyers!

Not one of my friends in IT is here today, we had a great time last year. I met Lt Col John Ragsdalle, the IT Director at West Point here last year, he had great stories about going to DefCon, He sent me an email a few months ago tell me of his promotion and reassignment to Iraq...

...what's conference is this? Doesn't sound like SXSW to me.

• User profile image
    Cairo

SXSW to MPAA: STFU
    http://www.powazek.com/2006/03/000571.html

One of the most interesting panels at SXSW Interactive 2006 was The Future of Darknets, moderated by JD Lasica. And while the concept of Darknets - communities using private subnetworks to communicate and collaborate out of view of the larger internet - is indeed fascinating, the panel was not interesting because of the intended topic. In fact, we never actually got to hear much about DarkNets, much to my disappointment, because the panel was hijacked the moment one panelist said, "Hello, my name is Kori Bernards, and I'm from the Motion Picture Association of America."

[...]

You can listen in to the whole panel thanks to SXSW's MP3 Podcast and even watch some video clips from the panel.

• User profile image
    eagle

Generic Forum Image
    That's JD talking to Amanda and Andrew.....

SXSW II

By Jeffrey Zeldman on events

The fun at SXSW Interactive is people. Every year there are more of them, from more places around the world. From Sydney and Stockholm and Tokyo they come, as well as from Denver and Dallas. Each year you ask yourself how much bigger SXSW can get before it starts to suck. Yet each year as it gets bigger it gets better.

This is, of course, a good time to be of the web, and so a special energy buzzes the halls and spills from the stages.

The people provide the kick, the buzz, the juice, but the panels and keynotes aren’t half bad either.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Cairo wrote:
    SXSW to MPAA: STFU
    http://www.powazek.com/2006/03/000571.html

One of the most interesting panels at SXSW Interactive 2006 was The Future of Darknets, moderated by JD Lasica. And while the concept of Darknets - communities using private subnetworks to communicate and collaborate out of view of the larger internet - is indeed fascinating, the panel was not interesting because of the intended topic. In fact, we never actually got to hear much about DarkNets, much to my disappointment, because the panel was hijacked the moment one panelist said, "Hello, my name is Kori Bernards, and I'm from the Motion Picture Association of America."

[...]

You can listen in to the whole panel thanks to SXSW's MP3 Podcast and even watch some video clips from the panel.

Heheh... owned Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.