Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

on10.net usuage?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    j0217995

It seems that there is very sporadic activity on on10.net? It seems posts only occur every time a video is released and nothing more? Is it supposed to be a place where more "converstations" take place or is it very slowly building momenteum

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Not sure if Manip has come in and talked about on10 and went on a blog sucks rant. But in this case I would strongly agree with him if he did. Big Smile It just looks like a mini-blog site with a video once a week. Not really a "community" kind of place. If it had a forum, that would be a different story.

• User profile image
    irascian

Harlequin wrote:
    Not sure if Manip has come in and talked about on10 and went on a blog sucks rant. But in this case I would strongly agree with him if he did.  It just looks like a mini-blog site with a video once a week. Not really a "community" kind of place. If it had a forum, that would be a different story.

Ermm. It's a video once a day isn't it?!

It's not aimed at developers, and to be honest I would expect the main community it's aimed at to be a far more "social" crowd. (I'm desperately trying NOT to use the word "luvvie" here or, as one of our clients wanting a "creative" demo put it today "Oh! We were expecting more people with spots and t-shirts!") Such folks tend to "communicate" in the real world more via endless conventions, conferences, geek dinners, blogs and podcasts. An old-fashioned forum would seem rather sad, like they didn't have a life or something Wink

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.