Coffeehouse Thread

1 post

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Re-Formatting Problems

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Angus

Well, I have been running my main system that is used for about 5 hours a day at least for approximately 6 months now without re-formatting and the system is getting far too cluttered for my liking.

I have been thinking of re-formatting for about two months now, but I have come into some dificulty. Basically, I bought my computer from Tiny comouters via The Computer Shop; both these companies have closed, and my system recovery disk shows an error something like this when booted from:

"Could not establish BIOS lock"

These may not be the exact word, but they are near enough; I still pay for maintenance, but it is rather awkward to phone the help-line and end up paying £30 for the telephone call.

My main questions are just:

1) What are my options for re-formatting?
    2) What has caused this error?
    3) There is an image for the OS as it would be installed on my system after a re-format with the recovery disk, where can I find it? (Is it legal to use it without the recovery disk, and possible to do so?)
    4) How can I fix this error?

Thanks in advance

Angus Higgins

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.