Coffeehouse Thread

28 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Does 10 meets your Team 99 expectations?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Zeo

Now that we know what 10 is, and now that we know that Team 99 died I'd like to hear what you guys think about the direction that the channel 9 team is taking.

I know a bunch of you had high expectation for Team 99 and were really excited, so do you think 10 meets your Team 99expectations?

• User profile image
    IRenderable

No clue what Team 99 is but I can't stand watching 10 videos.

• User profile image
    fdezjose

wow, Team99, that was so long ago, I still remember that post where everyone was nominating himself:D

• User profile image
    W3bbo

IRenderable wrote:

They should have hired MTV Animation's writers; they know current affairs and funnay (as are 2DTV's)

• User profile image
    Cairo

IRenderable wrote:

They recycled Leeroy. With hair and a nosering. Dude.

• User profile image
    eagle

Team 99 was to be a community of 99 real people giving feedback on Windows Vista.

What is 10?

Will somebody tell jeff that technology has change the world.

Somebody has to tell jeff because he has never been part of the conversation here on C9.

I looked at the videos and the bimbetts.....they think everything is soooooo coooool.

Why couldn't this have been done on C9?

Why couldn't c9'ers send in the videos?

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

eagle wrote:

Team 99 was to be a community of 99 real people giving feedback on Windows Vista.

What is 10?

Will somebody tell jeff that technology has change the world.

Somebody has to tell jeff because he has never been part of the conversation here on C9.

I looked at the videos and the bimbetts.....they think everything is soooooo coooool.

Why couldn't this have been done on C9?

Why couldn't c9'ers send in the videos?

Because here at C9 Microsoft lost control. C9 is a bunch of technological people coming together and talking open. With 10 at least MY idea of it is that Microsoft finds the content, people talk about it, end of story.

I personally haven't spent more than 10 minutes on 10 because the same fact, C9 is here for a reason, they lost control of C9 so they'll abandon it and start over with 10. Whatever....

And yeah the girls on 10...booth babes...nothing more, nothing less.

• User profile image
    eagle

What's a deeode?

• User profile image
    irascian

I had no expectations for Team99. It was something outside the world I work and operate in, just as 10 pretty much is. Something I watch at the extreme periphery, but only to keep an eye on something that might one day impact the world I work in.

I'm glad it's there and that it's different from Channel 9. I watched a couple of shows. They're not aimed at me, but for what they were they were OK - just not a very good use of my time and I have other things I'd rather be doing.

With so many Microsoft technologies it's far too easy to spread yourself too thin anyway, and becoming a full-time wannabe-MTV blogosphere "personality" just isn't something I want to add to the CV but seems to be the general market this sort of thing is aimed at. It's scary how the same few names and blogs keep coming up - like the same small group of people keep travelling around the world and patting each other on the pack and telling each other how excited they are - but I guess that just shows they're movers and shakers in the industry, right?!!! And for those who make a living at that sort of thing I guess it's good that 10 is out there Angel as another platform to get their wares arcross in (b) as doing something that represents Microsoft in a new light to the outside world that tends to have a certain distrust and suspicion when it comes to anything from Microsoft.

It has a certain enthusiastic feel to it, and presents stuff in a light-hearted (I'm trying to avoid saying "dumbed down") way so more power to it. I can't see myself visiting it that often, but then I'm not the audience it's aimed at.

• User profile image
    Jaz

yeah i watched  the first 2 minutes, since my streaming was behaving badly, of "win a pimped rig, i'm with some guy from puget"  and it bugged me.  She was loud and had a horrible accent.  she dragged the poor guy into the center, i suppose she had to.

i don't see 10 as being my type of channel.  Channel9 is the best place, we have the smartest guys here, and i don't think MS has lost control at all.

the thought process on 10 i imagine went like this: 

We have a resounding success with C9 however that success is mainly only seeing a demographic of generally 25+/middle aged (sorry sorry sorry, i know alot of us break this rule, but i would imagine there are more who make the rule than break it, i break it), what we want is something for the teens,  something that doesn't go on for over an hour and those who didn't study a computer related degree.

We need 2 women, one traditional but cool and the other rebellious with a short haircut.  because theres not enough women in computing and this may add to the pull so our demographic isn't just 1,000,000,00 teenage boys with shares in kleenex and we'll get some females watching and posting.

:

i hope jeff and co are as successful with it as they were here on C9 so good luck guys, but for me it holds no intrest, what i want is larry stories or guys from indigo talking about whats new for developers etc

• User profile image
    Cairo

Zeo wrote:

I know a bunch of you had high expectation for Team 99 and were really excited, so do you think 10 meets your Team 99expectations?

Team99 and "10" are two utterly different things. "10" is some sort of teenage-focused nickeloeon-style techno-marketing drivel. Microsoft Slime Time Live 2006 Pro Edition.

scobelizer wrote:
    It wasn't clear there wouldn't be a Team 99 until something new happened. That something new is TEN. It starts on Monday.

scobelizer wrote:

Actually, you'll hear on Monday what became of Team 99. Basically we decided to go in a different direction and spend our time and resources on something else. I think you'll like it.

I don't. Can you tell us who's the target audience? It really can't be the same crowd who hangs out on C9.

scobleizer wrote:

Oh, and the hosts are smarter and don't have annoying laughs, either. Wink

Not true!

• User profile image
    Jaz

yeah i prefer scoble and charles and jeff and sampy and all the other c9 interviewers to those 2 women.

• User profile image
    androidi

My expectation of 10 is that it will prototype some of the latest buzz words and see what works well enough to eventually make it into 9. Atleast this is the impression I got from watching the video here.

I think it works good for that purpose of course Marketing can be expected to have the hidden agenda that it will attract the end user/teenage consumer audience for which they can then inject some "cool" Vista targeted clips, some made by MS and some by the enthuasists.

• User profile image
    Steve411

Cybermagellan wrote:

Because here at C9 Microsoft lost control. C9 is a bunch of technological people coming together and talking open. With 10 at least MY idea of it is that Microsoft fi...

Is it? Linux is a technology, it doesn't seem to be welcome here Smiley

- Steve

• User profile image
    cravikiran

Cairo wrote:
    Zeo wrote:  

Team99 and "10" are two utterly different things. "10" is some sort of teenage-focused nickeloeon-style techno-marketing drivel. Microsoft Slime Time Live 2006 Pro Edition.

This whole thread is confusing for this reason exactly.  What does 10 have anything to do with what 99 was going to be?

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Steve411 wrote:
    Cybermagellan wrote:

Because here at C9 Microsoft lost control. C9 is a bunch of technological people coming together and talking open. With 10 at least MY idea of it is that Microsoft fi...

Is it? Linux is a technology, it doesn't seem to be welcome here

- Steve

It's welcomed in my opinion...just under the right "delivery"

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Jaz wrote:
    yeah i prefer scoble and charles and jeff and sampy and all the other c9 interviewers to those 2 women.

Viva Marc McDonald!!!

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Zeo wrote:
    Now that we know what 10 is, and now that we know that Team 99 died I'd like to hear what you guys think about the direction that the channel 9 team is taking.

As stated earlier 10 and Team99 were two completely different animals.

FWIW I think Team99 was supposed to be a bunch of Bloggers who had "unlimited" access to Longhorn and Microsoft resources (or something like that) to help shape how Longhorn "should have" turned out.

I believe this list would have just turned out to be the big name bloggers, not really "end users" so it would have just been probably better left off as just WS2K3 anyways...you know the usual blogging suspects. Dave Winer, Steve Rubel, Scoble (Of Course), Mary Jo Foley, etc. It would have eventually wound up as a joke IMO.

Ten as previously stated seems exactlly what it was "Microsoftelodeon". But hey, what do I know?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.