Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Did PDC take the breath out of Robert Hess And Co?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Chadk

Since the show at PDC, the "The .NET Show" site seem to be quite dead.

I really like the show, but it seems to be quite dead.
    Did i miss something?

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Yeah its dead.

• User profile image
    Chadk

rjdohnert wrote:
    Yeah its dead.

Did you mean dead as in its never comming back, or?

• User profile image
    jmacdonagh

Chadk wrote:
    rjdohnert wrote: Yeah its dead.

Did you mean dead as in its never comming back, or?

I think his comment might have been more sarcastic than a fact. However, I can't answer it any better.

• User profile image
    jeffsand

I was at studios last week and Robert was there filming another episode of the .NET Show.  There will be more coming soon, it is definitely not off the air.

The next episode should be live within the next 3 weeks!

-Jeff

Smiley

• User profile image
    Robert Hess

Chad...

Heck No! The .NET Show isn't gone... we just took a short break. We always run into problems around the holidays, so Nov, Dec, Jan were just not working out... and then the team we were supposed to have as our next topic, just got too busy to be able to schedule... so we instead switched topics.

We just filmed an episode on "WMI Scripting" talking with the folks who run Microsoft TechNet's "Scripting Center"

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter

And our next episode after that (which we will be filming in a couple of weeks) will be on IIS7.0.

-Robert

• User profile image
    Cider

That'll be a great show if the scripting guys are as funny as they come across on their page.

• User profile image
    Chadk

Wow! A post from Robert!

Great to see that the show arent dead. I really like it.

Would there by any chance, arround WinFx ships, be some in-depth shows about the 3 pillars in Winfx?(Wwf, wpf, wcf)

There was a few shows on that quite long time ago.
    But most of that information is outdated.

• User profile image
    Robert Hess

Greg and Jean were GREAT during filming and we had a lot of fun. So often my guests will be fun and humorous while we are prepping for the show, but then the moment the cameras turn on they suddenly go all "corporate" on me...

Originally, Jean really didn't want to be part of this episode, saying that she really wouldn't be able to add anything beyond what Greg could, but I forced the issue and made her participate. Even going so far as to position her between Greg and me so that it would be easier to draw her into the conversation. But when you watch the show (which should be out in about two weeks) I'm sure you'll agree that the interaction between her and Greg was really great.

-Robert

• User profile image
    irascian

Robert Hess wrote:

Heck No! The .NET Show isn't gone... we just took a short break.
    -Robert

This is good news. Channel 9 videos are great but the .net show is a different format and has different strengths.

With the demise of "The Code Room" (despite a few rah! rah! blog postings on the "Vegas" episode I personally don't know anybody who sat through it and didn't think it was dire) we need it to stick around.

• User profile image
    Chadk

irascian wrote:
    Robert Hess wrote:

Heck No! The .NET Show isn't gone... we just took a short break.
    -Robert

This is good news. Channel 9 videos are great but the .net show is a different format and has different strengths.

With the demise of "The Code Room" (despite a few rah! rah! blog postings on the "Vegas" episode I personally don't know anybody who sat through it and didn't think it was dire) we need it to stick around.

I agree.
    Mr. Hess really does a great job, which really gives it a great touch.

• User profile image
    eloekset

Well, now Robert Hess has announced that the last episode (august 2007) of The .NET Show has been released. [C] At the end of the show, he said that he'll show up here at Channel 9. I searched his name, but the latest content I found was this thread. Expressionless

If anyone knows more about it, please post a reply.

• User profile image
    Chadk

Despite that its 3 months old, theres some here:
    http://channel9.msdn.com/shows/Technology_Roundtable

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.