Coffeehouse Thread

55 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Dear Microsoft Beta Tester... *faint* thanks zeo!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

cant believe my inbox!

• User profile image
    Karim

Mazel tov!!!  Big Smile

If you stop ranting about Vista, though... I'm going to assume that They got to you.  LOL

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    jamie

[y]

*note to arunpv and balupton .. if you hit the spacebar directly after typing or pasting URLs into C9 editor - it will become a clickable link Smiley

• User profile image
    irascian

I got an invite too, but didn't really know how or why. If it was down to zeo, thanks.

The survey page crashed with an error saying there was a problem and to try again later. I think I must be jinxed!

• User profile image
    balupton
  • User profile image
    jamie

i got that too - clicked "back" filled in again and it worked

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

Just out of curiousity...(I'm assuming you are testing Vista and not an Office product)...how long does it take to download on a T-1 (or cable) connection?

I've never beta tested anything in my life...so I'm always curious to see how these things work.

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    jamie

• User profile image
    balupton

Omg, cries, In Australia we have limits on our downloads and i'm 18/20gigs through, and we it gets reached we go back down to 64k Crying

Oh well i can live another week with 64k Big Smile

• User profile image
    the-​laughing-man

I got my invite about an hour ago Big Smile I'd have sent my thank you message sooner but I've been too busy dancing and watching Charlies Angels ;o)

Thanks anyway Zeo!

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

Cripes...that's huge...

So have you submitted any bugs yet (in any beta testing)? Or are things pretty well refined by the time you get them? Do you get any credit for finding bugs?

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Im downloading the Core server right now myself.

jamie wrote:

• User profile image
    dahat

rjdohnert wrote:
    Im downloading the Core server right now myself.

jamie wrote:

As am I... however I think I need to mock Jamie and his 125k/s... even when watching my home PC through VNC right now I am seeing 400+ k/s! At this rate I might just be able to throw it on my laptop tonight and then have the fun of trying to find the appropriate Broadcom and ATI drivers.

• User profile image
    littleguru

I never get an invite to something like this... Can I get also one?

• User profile image
    balupton

Shouldn't we be getting the Checked Version?;

Windows Build 5308 Main (Windows Vista - Longhorn Server) 64 bit Checked Version DVD

Instead of the one you are downloading now? Seeing it was posted more recently.....

And what does the Checked mean anyway...

Oh and don't mock T1, it's the fastest... well the standard fastest speed we have in Perth Sad and at $80 a month....

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Woah.  I just checked in my inbox and found an invite as well!

I'm looking at the downloads page right now.

So many different builds to download.  This is...I don't know what to say.

Except maybe...how the heck did someone like me get invited? Big Smile

• User profile image
    dahat

balupton wrote:
    Shouldn't we be getting the Checked Version?;

Windows Build 5308 Main (Windows Vista - Longhorn Server) 64 bit Checked Version DVD

Instead of the one you are downloading now? Seeing it was posted more recently.....

And what does the Checked mean anyway...

The builds come in two major flavors, checked and free.

The checked builds include more debug data while the free builds (or release builds) lack most of it.

Picking which build you use really depends on what you are planning to do with the machine and how detailed you want to get with the possibility of debugging issues (with the debugger) yourself.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.