Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Simple & direct question about Microsoft fans and Google

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    doomer

Why Microsoft fans hates Google???

This rage is explicit.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Don't you think you're generalizing there a bit?

I don't think ALL Microsoft fans hate google.

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Nobody really hates google, but when you run around telling people your motto is 'don't do evil' and you get caught doing evil, well...

Google is 3 things:

1) an excellent, useful search engine
    2) a platform upon which millions of ad dollars are shuffled around
    3) a bunch of other stuff that confuses the issue

• User profile image
    dzCepheus

I'm both a Microsoft fan and a Google fan. I like em both. Does that make me weird? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    arunpv

doomer wrote:

This rage is explicit.

Very simple. I use Microsoft products to develop software and use Google to search for products...Wink
    I don't hate both but i complain about both(depending what i am doing at that time)

• User profile image
    Minh

doomer wrote:

This rage is explicit.
    Why can't Microsoft haters take criticisms?

This rage is explicit.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    jmsma2005
  • User profile image
    BryanF

I really don't think reasonable people hate Google outright. Most of the criticism you see aims to bring the discussion about the company back into the relm of reality. To understate the point, Google carries itself with a grossly overinflated sense of accomplishment. Larry and Sergy could crap in a SOAP envelope and the press would eat it up (not literally, mind you). The Google CES keynote was a good example.

The fact is, Google is a great company, but they've really done spectacularly in a handful of their endeavors. In my mind, the search engine and the ad engine are probably their biggest competive strengths, yet neither of those lead by insurmountable margins. (I also prefer Blogger to Spaces, but that's more a difference in target markets.)

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.