Coffeehouse Thread

28 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Totally Pointless Dept: Fav weird sandwich?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

Been making this since i was a kid - had it today

Cheese whiz / sliced radishes / fritos corn chips  

another is peanut butter & celery

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Hmm; I don't really eat sandwiches. Once in a while, a pizza burger.  That is, a burger with Mozarella and pizza sauce.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

2.5" buttered white bread bap with a double-folded 3.5" salami slice (with peppered edges).

• User profile image
    ensposito

Crunchy peanut butter on toast with sweet and sour meatballs...and afew slices of cheddar....rocks!

• User profile image
    Karim

jamie wrote:
    Cheese whiz / sliced radishes / fritos corn chips  

Sounds like it also can double as an emetic.  Tongue Out 

At the nursery school I attended, they'd occasionally make an open-faced sandwich as a snack.  Take white sandwich bread, smear with butter, sprinkle with sugar.  Cut into triangles and serve.  Haven't made it recently, but I have fond memories of it.

I think the British must take sandwiches very seriously.  There is a British Sandwich Association where you can find recipes such as "The Mango and Mint Salsa Cheese Sandwich," which was "Created by British Sandwich Designer of the Year 2004 Mark Evans."  Perhaps you should enter your Cheese Whiz/Radish/Frito concoction into the running...

"It's funny how one can go through life, as I have, disliking bananas and being indifferent to cheese, and then be able to eat, and enjoy, a banana and cheese sandwich like this."

- Mr. Pither from the Monty Python episode, "The Cycling Tour"

• User profile image
    eddwo

Brie and Beetroot

Well you asked for wierd. Big Smile

Its what you get when you're nearing the end of the Christmas leftovers.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

Nutella rocks.  Just found out about it.

I dunno, a sandwich oughta be meat + bread + cheese + condiment.

• User profile image
    jamie

pizza burger,Tongue Out  brie and beet root, :O butter and sugar,Perplexed  peanut butter and meatballs...Expressionless

LOL!!!

keep going! Smiley

• User profile image
    Khamul

Karim wrote:

I think the British must take sandwiches very seriously.

Oh, they do - they invented the Sandwich, after all... Anyone want to guess where?

One of my favourite sandwiches is merely bread and sumac.

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

When I went through Basic Training in the Air Force, we had something known as the "Lackland Donut".  Basic trainees don't have access to fancy menus or ideas like having more than 30 seconds to eat.  A Lackland donut is simply a piece of white bread with sugar dumped on top of it, then folded in half.  It's named after Lackland Air Force Base, where USAF Basic Training is.

Other analogies include:
    Lackland Loafers = Non-steel-tipped boots Basic Trainees get to wear
    Lackland Lasers = Flashlights with plastic cones attached for nighttime visibility

Damn, I just tried to search Google for more.  Apparently these terms aren't as popular as I thought they were.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Toast the bread.  Ham or Turkey, with cheese, Lettuce, tomato, and pickles.  Instead of using mayo, spread a light amount of ranch dressing. 

Man its so good, will make you wanna slap your mother.  Or in this case, slap Scoble.

• User profile image
    The J

Man, that sandwich DOES sound awesome. I'll have to try that when I get the chance. My weird sandwich would have to be peanut butter + cheezwhiz.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Hmmm, open sandwich of garlic sausage slices with English mustard and raw sliced onion.

Clears your head, but your breath after may also clear the room.

• User profile image
    jwignall

Cheese Whiz is a new concept to me (I don't think we get it in the UK).

What's wring with the real stuff, you know actual Cheese...?

I'm not really down with weird sandwiches. A general rule of thumb is more ingredients = more tasty.

• User profile image
    blowdart

raspberry jam (jelly for you colonists), Thick cut ham, banana, branston pickle.

Must be layered in that order.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Who doesn't like human eyeball sandwich?

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

I always thought reuben sandwiches were kind of weird (sauer-k-r-a-u-t, corned beef, 1000 Island dressing, Swiss cheese on dark rye bread), but they are one of my favorites.Serve that with a nice hearty bowl of "clean the refrigerator" vegetable soup.

• User profile image
    Sabot

blowdart wrote:
    raspberry jam (jelly for you colonists), Thick cut ham, banana, branston pickle.

Must be layered in that order.

I love Banana, crisps with a nice thin cut of ham. Hmmm pickle's ok.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.