Coffeehouse Thread

330 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Beer28 Adventures

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

I'm always in the mood for a good laugh, especially on a Friday.  Recently, while visiting BeerCoSoftware, I nearly fell off my chair.

Beer28 has written a book.

So, who's going to shell out the $49.95 to pick this up? I wonder how this would compare with a cached version of his posts in Google?

Order here

Note: I am not responsible for any subsequent lawsuits or massive flame wars that may ensue from this posting.

Edit: I'll leave you to check out the link yourselves. I didn't want to copy anything off of his site, for harassment reasons.

• User profile image
    blowdart

I hope he's just quoting himself. Did anyone get a request to release copyright of your posts to him? (Yes, you own the copyright for your own posts here, he can't use them without permission. Quoting a single line might be considered fair use though)

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Funny even more, I think this is a photo from Microsofts branded photo library(probably an old one).

• User profile image
    Chadk

OMFG!!!
    That just made me laugh big time.
    Beer28 on new adventures, with Tux!!!!!

I think it would be a great laugh.

For that price, i had 2 Martin Fowler books.
    I really hope that it is good!!

EDIT::
    Did you notice the graphics(the computer), below the paypal icon?
    The screen looks like it running Vista Media Center, beside from its orange.

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

blowdart wrote:
    I hope he's just quoting himself. Did anyone get a request to release copyright of your posts to him? (Yes, you own the copyright for your own posts here, he can't use them without permission. Quoting a single line might be considered fair use though)
    I never received anything, and I have a feeling that if he pulls too many quotes from Microsoft employees, he'll find himself in even more legal trouble than ever. It would be nice to get a hold of a copy before it is taken off the site. I can imagine that will happen in 5...4...3...2...

I'm sure his conversations are HIGHLY edited. Would this be considered a work of fiction, then?

• User profile image
    Harlequin

I think this is considered public domain, as are your posts in UseNet.

• User profile image
    dahat

Wow, the ole MCE box is back! At one point long ago that was pointed out and he removed it from the site... oh well.

I wonder if he will list any names of us horrible kool-aid drinking M$ fanboys who drove him and his gospel of truth from our midst’s.

While we are on the subject of good ole Beer... has anyone seen his IM Support FAQ? Lets just hope that it and his presence on these forums is not an indication of the clarity and honesty in his book... otherwise he may find any printed copies of his book to be more valuable as tinder for future flame wars.

• User profile image
    Minh

We need 50 people to chip in $1 each & get this book. I'm curious now.

If you're interested, paypal $1 to insomniac0300@hotmail.com & we can "library share" the PDF once I get it.

It kinda explains why Beer edited his posts.

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

He calls his Linux distro "Deity Linux"? I'm failing words here.

And who the hell would pay 49 bux for an eBook of some random moron with an ugly webpage?

Last but not least, he sure must be making fortunes, if he needs to keep ad banners on that farce of HTML tags.

• User profile image
    harumscarum

lol he should write for neowin.

• User profile image
    billh

I wonder what he is funding with the profits from this book. Will he include his car adventures? How about his SELinux debacle?

• User profile image
    blowdart

Harlequin wrote:

Hmmm, I'd doubt that to be honest. I'd love to see how US public domain laws can be applied to usenet posts I make outside the US Smiley

• User profile image
    Steve411

The Beer man wrote:

Q: I purchased support but ultimately didn't need it, can I get my money back?
    A: I purchased a car but didn't need it, can I get MY money back? The answer is the same for us, absolutely not.

Who the hell wrote that? A hint beer, stop using these silly comparisons.

- Steve

• User profile image
    dahat

Minh wrote:
    We need 50 people to chip in $1 each & get this book. I'm curious now.

If you're interested, paypal $1 to insomniac0300@hotmail.com & we can "library share" the PDF once I get it.

It kinda explains why Beer edited his posts.

PayPal fees (30 cents + 3.5% IIRC) would make that expensive with so many very small transactions.

Even if all transactions were in USD, after having 50 people sending you $1 each would only end up with $33.50 in your account... $16.45 short of the final price.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Harlequin wrote:

No, it would be PD if I have explicitely stated so, oherwise all our posts are copyrighted.

That said, blatzcoder, chrisa and shooby will probably buy a copy of it, so it may not be a complete financial failure for Chris.

• User profile image
    billh

Could this be the real reason why he went through this site and deleted his postings?

:O

$1.50...hmmm.

• User profile image
    Chadk

billh wrote:
    Could this be the real reason why he went through this site and deleted his postings?

$1.50...hmmm.

It could, indeed!

• User profile image
    Minh

Alright. The "Beer28 Adventures" fund is at $5 (1 donor). Let's see it go up up up! Think of the children, folks.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.