Coffeehouse Thread

33 posts

What (PC) games do you play?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    sbc

If I have time (I have work and Open University commitments and play a bit of Tennis), I play Guild Wars and City of Heroes / Villains mostly. Rise of Nations (plus Thrones and Patriots) and CivIV are also installed (although haven't played them that much recently).

Not really a fan of FPS and Sports Games but instead like RPG's (not World of WarCraft - seems like you need to do a lot of 'grinding' to level up and looks too 'hack and slash' to me) and strategy games - those that require some kind of brain activity rather than button mashing or super fast reflexes.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

I'm going old-school; I'm playing oldies from 1996 through 1999 right now.

• User profile image
    sbc

W3bbo wrote:
    I'm going old-school; I'm playing oldies from 1996 through 1999 right now.

Command and Conquer, Red Alert and Tiberian Sun on your list? I still have them but not played for a long time. Baldurs Gate I and II and Neverwinter Nights are also good (have them installed on my Desktop PC, but not played them recently).

• User profile image
    W3bbo

sbc wrote:
    W3bbo wrote:I'm going old-school; I'm playing oldies from 1996 through 1999 right now.

Command and Conquer, Red Alert and Tiberian Sun on your list?

Co-incidentally, yes; As a result of my recent acquisition of "C&C: The First Decade", which I tore apart in this review.

sbc wrote:
    I still have them but not played for a long time. Baldurs Gate I and II and Neverwinter Nights are also good (have them installed on my Desktop PC, but not played them).

Good games, those; I've also got Warcraft 2: Deluxe Edition (complete with "Spells Book") and MechWarrior 2: Titanium Trilogy (which I posted about recently).

• User profile image
    Erisan

I don't play much, but if I do then these:

Nethack
    FreeCiv
    GNOME - Mahjongg
    (Hattrick)

• User profile image
    IRenderable

At the moment I am playing all of these:
    Counter Strike: Source
    Unreal Tournament 2k4
    Starcraft
    Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

• User profile image
    Jaz

FEAR,  it's a great game, kinda reminds me of HL, though not quite as scary because at the moment theres nothing crawling around in dark spaces.

is it me or do all these games set in the future have crappy batteries for their flashlights?  i'm looking at my 5D Mag caked in glastonbury 2005 mud! which is still working rather nicely.

• User profile image
    Sampy

Oblivion tempts me so.

But how will I find the time with all the 40 man raids I have going in World of Warcraft! (New patch today: weather effects!)

• User profile image
    W3bbo

IRenderable wrote:
    Counter Strike: Source

Come join my clan's server sometime, you score negative points for using the autonsnipers Smiley

• User profile image
    Jaz

Sampy wrote:

Oblivion tempts me so.

But how will I find the time with all the 40 man raids I have going in World of Warcraft! (New patch today: weather effects!)

i want WoW but can't afford it right now.  must become better with money. must become level 40 orc warlord or similar. must destroy sampy! err or must join sampy's legions!

• User profile image
    sbc

Jaz wrote:
    is it me or do all these games set in the future have crappy batteries for their flashlights?  i'm looking at my 5D Mag caked in glastonbury 2005 mud! which is still working rather nicely.

I use a wind up torch myself (Freeplay Sherpa). No need to change the battery. The technology is here now, but it is more expensive, but when you take into account batteries you save more in the long term (money and the environment).

• User profile image
    BenZilla

Stuff that I have created Wink

• User profile image
    gregoryw

• Railroad Tycoon 3
    • PathPix  (It's a sort of logic game.)
    • Sherlock  (Logic game)
    • Civilization PTW
    • (The) Settlers 4
    • Scrabble

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

FEAR
    SimCity4
    HL2
    HL2 with Garry's Mod
    Doom 1 and 2 (yes, the originals)
    Doom3
    insert many, many more...

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

Wow, now that I have LucasArts Starwars Empire at War up and loaded, it's really cool. Features are ahead of the rest of them; yep.

Lego Starwars is another really fascinating game; block figures in nice 3-D. The soundtrack is John Williams in all his glory!

Fable is another recent game that is well loved here.

Of course Sudoku has my wife by the short hairs...

• User profile image
    dzCepheus

It isn't out yet, but the one game I'll be playing exclusively when it does release is Spore. Gonna be a long while before I get tired of that. Other than that, I play CounterStrike Source. That's about it.

In Maxis I trust... Tongue Out

• User profile image
    dentaku

I don't play games too much but Half-Life 2 was so good that I actually bought it.

I'm thinking of buying Toca Race Driver 3 after playing the demo.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Civ I FTW!!!

(Seriously, though, I haven't played it in a while.  Need to get it running on my laptop...  should work w/o sound at least)

On my laptop now:

* KotOR
    * SNES Yoshi's Island via SNES 9x (yes, I do own the cart, before anyone cries foul)
    * Freeciv
    * UT 2004 Demo (I'm too cheap to buy it)

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.