Coffeehouse Thread

34 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Scoble to leave Channel 9 for Google

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    scobleizer

Just a note, sorry to say, but I'm leaving Microsoft and Channel 9 to work at Google. Here's more details:

http://scobleizer.wordpress.com/2006/04/01/announcement-im-going-to-google/

It's been a lot of fun, but time for me to try something new.

• User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

Nice one Wink

• User profile image
    Steve411

WE WONT MISS YOU!!!!

April fools. Smiley
    - Steve

• User profile image
    Rowan

This day is already old. [C]

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Don't miss the prank videos on Channel 9, either. Fun stuff.

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=178358#178358

• User profile image
    Angus

scobleizer wrote:
    Don't miss the prank videos on Channel 9, either. Fun stuff.

Are you going to carry on posting on Channel 9?

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Rowan wrote:
    This day is already old.

Ditto

• User profile image
    Steve411

Angus wrote:
    scobleizer wrote: Don't miss the prank videos on Channel 9, either. Fun stuff.

Are you going to carry on posting on Channel 9?

Angus Higgins

Dude it's a joke.

- Steve

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Yeah, I'll keep posting. Smiley

• User profile image
    Sabot

I'm Beer28 !

• User profile image
    Steve411

Sabot wrote:
    I'm Beer28 !

HAHA! That just made my day, haha.

- Steve

• User profile image
    Steve411

I just got the BSOD on my portable Windows CE enabled refigerator. LOL.

April fools sucka.
    - Steve

• User profile image
    Manip

Hmm a good April fools joke should be more subtle; it should be 98% believable, 2% bull...

You could have really had some fun if you had not taken it SO far to the point of being obvious.... Oh well... There's always next year.

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

Scoble, watch out for Ballmer on your way out, he may be on the roof of your building with a chair when he finds out.
    Tongue Out

Gotta love April 1!

• User profile image
    BruceMorgan

scobleizer wrote:

Just a note, sorry to say, but I'm leaving Microsoft and Channel 9 to work at Google. Here's more details:

http://scobleizer.wordpress.com/2006/04/01/announcement-im-going-to-google/

It's been a lot of fun, but time for me to try something new.

Sorry, Robert, but this falls pretty flat for me.  I guess you didn't intend to people to really think you were going to Google.

If you had really wanted people to fall for it and make a big April Fools Day splash, here's what I would have suggested:

On Wednesday, post a diatribe about something internal to Microsoft.  Be exasperated.  Express the inability to effect change.  Talk about intertia and lack of nimbleness.  God knows its often true enough.

Mid day Thursday, post about being super busy and not having time to post.  Also equally true.

On Friday, ignore all that and post short link posts but don't spend time in your comments.  Don't engage.  Don't let them suspect anything.

Then late in the day (like 7pm yesterday), post a <250 word heartfelt "need to make a change, need to get my life under control, thus I'm making the change.  As you may have suspected, I've admired Google for a long time so after much consideration" blah blah blah.

And lock comments, just to avoid people commenting "oh, it must be  an April Fools joke".

You'd get AP to pick that story up.

But that's just my $.02

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Yeah I'm with Bruce coulda been done better....meh too late now...

But this is Scoble...despite probably admiting it's an April Fools joke people will still publish it. And this thread will become the highest viewed thread in all of C9

• User profile image
    Stephen

It is getting late here on top of the world and trusting anyone who does not put a disclaimer in their post is getting tricky... Tongue Out

April Fools is 'soooo' yesterday.....

And if Scoble said it was Yahoo he was of to work at, be it April Fools day or not I may actually have believed that one 'cause Google is just so expected... Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Jaz

wait wait.  scoble posted on his blog he's going to google, obvious april fool right, none of us are falling for it, bruce comes in saying yeah this coulda been done better (bruce being in on it).

so none of us are falling for it.  but thats the april fools he's made it so blatant that it is an april fools but it's actually not and he has left MSFT for GOOG.

so err is this double bluff or something?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.