Coffeehouse Thread

40 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

9 Guy Makes Fortune

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jeffsand

Can you spot him? :->

Bill Gates

Full article 

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Damn, he has a corner office!

• User profile image
    PeterF

Congratulations!
    Right under his most important screen Smiley

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

So my multimon setup has more screens than his, huh?  That's a bit of an ego boost.  Then, of course, I realize his screens are bigger and he has a tablet and a 9 guy... Then there's the billions of dollars...

Bill Gates wrote:

Once you have that large display area, you'll never go back, because it has a direct impact on productivity.

Nearly verbatim, I've been saying that for years.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

SlackmasterK wrote:
    So my multimon setup has more screens than his, huh?  That's a bit of an ego boost.  Then, of course, I realize his screens are bigger and he has a tablet and a 9 guy... Then there's the billions of dollars...

No, see his efficiency is better than yours...so he doens't need the extra monitors...you overcompensate for something your missing.

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

I dont know how many times I've seen this picture posted elsewhere today and this is the first I've seen him!

On a side note, I cant imagine running Bliss at that resoloution (at least it looks high-res judging by Outlook), the pixelation would kill me.
    Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

Cybermagellan wrote:
    SlackmasterK wrote: So my multimon setup has more screens than his, huh?  That's a bit of an ego boost.  Then, of course, I realize his screens are bigger and he has a tablet and a 9 guy... Then there's the billions of dollars...

No, see his efficiency is better than yours...so he doens't need the extra monitors...you overcompensate for something your missing.
    I assume you're referring to his missing toner cartridge?

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Cybermagellan wrote:

Any lack of efficiency I experience is generally due to not being tasked on something at the time. Regarding your overcompensation claim, I make very efficient use of my screen space.  The fourth screen (a TV) is generally playing video from the PC or being used to reference larger-sized text I can't fit into my normal workspace.

Jason Cox wrote:
    I cant imagine running Bliss at that resoloution

The part that bugs me is that the stock wallpapers suck on multimon setups. They're hardly seamless for tiling and far from the quality you'd need to stretch.  Centering, of course, is just a joke. Always has been, since the days of background textures on 3.11.

Jason Cox wrote:
    I assume you're referring to his missing toner cartridge?
    Haven't used a printer in years.

• User profile image
    Andrei P

Having the C9 guy there all day, right in his view and not visiting Channel 9 sounds unlikely. Thus, I think he visited Channel 9 at least a couple of times.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Andrei P

Bill G. is here, act busy Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Andrei P. wrote:
    Bill G. is here, act busy

That's been 'shopped.

• User profile image
    Andrei P

W3bbo wrote:

That's been 'shopped.

Guilty as charged.

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

Andrei P. wrote:
    W3bbo wrote:
    That's been 'shopped.

Guilty as charged.
    Now if it would have had Beer28 still listed as online, we might have beleived it was real

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Andrei P. wrote:

Guilty as charged.

Might have been less obvious if you hadn't used the picture from the same thread.

• User profile image
    Ang3lFir3

decent article... and i was intrigued by the amount of emphasis Bill put on sharepoint, I've tryed for some time to find as much info on developing shrepoint web parts etc but as often occurs its like its a big secret.....

Also really like the Think Week idea and think a few more corporations could get some really great employee interfacing ideas from MS.

and yes i found the 9guy (btw who do you have to know to get one?)

• User profile image
    scobleizer

To get a Nine Guy, just send me a postcard. I'm a bit behind, but about to send another batch out:

Robert Scoble
    c/o Channel 9
    1 Microsoft Way 18/2439
    Redmond, WA 98052

Thanks!

• User profile image
    Cider

I hope Gates spends a lot of time out of the office, because that office is horrible - all Ikea furniture, dull blinds straight out of any office in the world, a horrible structural pillar barely in the corner, a horrible looking pot plant in what looks like a plastic tub and a vase you could buy off eBay for 10 quid. 

When they finally put me in charge of the world, I'm going to go for the whole leather sofa, globe-full-of-alcohol, urn-filled-with-last-person-who-crossed-me look and a huge leather chair that looks like a big black throne.  With a balcony so I can take a gun to randomly take out employees Commandant Goeth-style.

That'll show em who's boss.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.