Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The IT home in london

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Chadk

Remember when Scoble was in London, and he made a trip to the IT home, of microsoft, in london?

You see, im going to london this summer, and im trying to see if theres anything cool to see.

I was wondering, if this IT house is open to the public?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

I thought it was Reading, not London; they might have offices in London, but all their major stuff happens at Reading and Cambridge (but fortunatly neither are too far away from the capital)

• User profile image
    Chadk

As far as i understood this video:

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=112356
    It is London, it's located in.

• User profile image
    ensposito

I'm off to London as well in just over a month, let me know if you find anything out, I'd love to visit too, that would allow me to right off the trip!

• User profile image
    Cider

The Microsoft Home was in deepest, darkest Kensington & Chelsea in West London.  No idea if it is still around though.

Contact Microsoft UK?

• User profile image
    Chadk

W3bbo wrote:
    I thought it was Reading, not London; they might have offices in London, but all their major stuff happens at Reading and Cambridge (but fortunatly neither are too far away from the capital)

I was just wondering.
    Since you are talking about Cambridge, is it open to the public?
    Last time i saw the video from there, they was doing some VERY cool stuff!

• User profile image
    Sabot

The place is called Life2 and it's truly awesome. I was very lucky to go. (Oh yes and it is in London)

I believe you will require a personal invite but contact Microsoft and see what they say.

More details can be found here.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Sabot wrote:
    I believe you will require a personal invite but contact Microsoft and see what they say.

Charles, Jeff? Any chance that niners could get invites to places like these? I'd like to go too and would gladly travel our notoriously bad motorways to go check it out.

• User profile image
    indigoblue

The HQ is in Reading, research in Cambridge....there is a very small office in Soho..it's small, but there in a Swimming Pool Room used for meetings (it's sunken like a pool and has a fake diving board). Not really worth visiting though...

p

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.