Coffeehouse Thread

33 posts

Channel9 Visitors Stats

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ali_raza_sh​aikh

Hello

i read somewhere that Channel9 has crossed 3 million unique visitors Smiley, Great work guys. Is there any website where we can see the stats about the visitors like the Top Ten visiting countries etc etc...

• User profile image
    W3bbo

It's probably a LOT more than 3 million. I've got a website that passed it's million-visitor mark a few months ago, and I'll bet no-one's heard of it and it's been around a year. Contrast with C9 which has a much higher pagerank, alexa rank, and has been around nearly 2 years.

• User profile image
    scobleizer

We just passed 3.5 million unique visitors last month. It's just amazing when you think about what that many people looks like. Thanks for coming!

• User profile image
    Wil

scobleizer wrote:
    We just passed 3.5 million unique visitors last month. It's just amazing when you think about what that many people looks like.

Actually, I don't want to think what 3.5 million geeks look like. Sad  Not an image for the faint of heart (or weak of stomach...)

• User profile image
    Zeo

So if Channel9 gets 3.5 million unique vistors a month...I have to wonder how many get to see my first posts and comments on the videos...millions prehaps......[6]

Channel 9 is still pretty amazing!

• User profile image
    Andrei P

If Channel9 was a commercial website (as in one running ads), it would make almost $20,000 / month.

• User profile image
    Charles

The determination of Uniqueness probably varies, W3bbo...

March 2006 was our busiest month to date!

Thanks for visiting Channel 9!

Keep on posting, watching and listening,
    C

• User profile image
    Zeo

Charles...thanks for continuing to post on the forums...I remember last month people argued that Channel9 was dead and your ongoing invovlement in the forums makes that argument bunk. Channel9 isn't going away anytime soon. 

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Andrei P. wrote:
    If Channel9 was a commercial website (as in one running ads), it would make almost $20,000 / month.

Wow, that's a ton of Google Ads....:O

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Zeo wrote:
    Charles...thanks for continuing to post on the forums...I remember last month people argued that Channel9 was dead and your ongoing invovlement in the forums makes that argument bunk. Channel9 isn't going away anytime soon. 

That's how you get to be MVP? Sheesh!

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Charles wrote:
    The determination of Uniqueness probably varies, W3bbo...

Okay, it was an overstatement, I'm counting pageviews Smiley But since the site has only... about 4 pages the total "unique visitors" count can't be any less than 250,000 already.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Cybermagellan wrote:
    Andrei P. wrote:If Channel9 was a commercial website (as in one running ads), it would make almost $20,000 / month.

Wow, that's a ton of Google Ads....

Wouldn't work in our case, a lot of us run Firefox (probably with AdBlock) so we wouldn't see the adverts, the rest of us don't really click on adverts unless they're genuinely interesting.

...GoogleAds on Channel9 /might/ work if they were hawking developer tools and components and whatnot.

• User profile image
    ali_raza_sh​aikh

So, from where we can see the stats.....
    it would be nice to know which country most visits Channel9 (other than US), or are these stats private for internal usage

• User profile image
    Andrei P

My bet is on UK.

• User profile image
    Charles

W3bbo wrote:
    Charles wrote: The determination of Uniqueness probably varies, W3bbo...

Okay, it was an overstatement, I'm counting pageviews But since the site has only... about 4 pages the total "unique visitors" count can't be any less than 250,000 already.

That's not a good assumption, W3bbo. A Unique Visit is IP, session and time-based. A Page View is simply a request for a page, regardless of the three paramaters used above to measure Visits. You should really figure out Visits by doing analysis on your IIS log files (assuming you are running IIS...) using Log Parser. Or, buy some software that will analyze your logs for you from a graphical interface.

C

• User profile image
    Maurits

AWStats is a good free analyzer.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Google Analytics is wonderful if you can get hold of it--  unfortunately, it won't work retroactively and analyse traffic from your log files.

• User profile image
    Rowan

So what's the ratio between Firefox users and IE users? I reckon it's about 1:3, respectively.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.