Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Video playback speed

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

Whenever I'm watching the C9 videos, I play them back at 1.4x speed, that way it shaves off about 29% off the total playback time, without making it hard to understand.

Does anyone else do this?

• User profile image
    Angus

I have done it before, but I don't watch that many videos on Channel 9 as I am more interested in the ones that are about projects such as that Wireless Fridge etc. and therefore it doesn't effect me too much if I watch them at normal speed.

I do sometimes watch videos at 1.4x speed, and often listen to long tracks, i.e. ones over about 15 minutes at 1.4x also; however, with my prefered genre of music the lyrics can become slightly too fast at 1.4x speed.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    dzCepheus

Huh, never thought of that.

Will have to try that. Smiley

• User profile image
    jvervoorn

2x is way too fast but I've goten use to listening at 1.6 speed. I even listen to dot net rocks like that. The only thing that bugs me is that I can't always do that. DNR TV has to be played at normal speed but that's ok. because it has some great content. There are a few people that talk fast that it is hard to listen to. Kimberly Trip has so much info that it's hard to get it at normal speed.

Oh but rocket boom is so short I don't even bother speeding it up.

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

That's a great idea.  I'll have to give that a try.

Just in case anyone doesn't know how, I inadvertently typed up the instructions...
    Under the video on the C9 page, click "Full screen" to open it in Windows Media Player 10.  Click the down arrow that is below the "Now Playing" tab, then click "Enhancements", then click "Play Speed Settings".
    From there you can use the slider to change the speed anywhere from .5 to 2.0 times the norm.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

My only question for Microsoft:

Why did you bury the enhancements pane in WMP10???

This thread reminded me...

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Yeah, I've also been doing this for a while now. Works really great.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.