Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Channel 9 Feature Request

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ion Todirel

when post a new message check for similarities in curent post or other posts, this will avoid problems like when we press 2-time on post button or repetition of same post on different forums, or post a questions that already someone posted in past,

its simple, why C9 don't have this feature?

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

I dont see how to do this accuratly on a large scale such as searching to make sure someone didnt post what you're posting a month ago, but your other part relating to double-posting can be solved simply by adding a little Javascript to the submit button to disable it after the first click.

• User profile image
    rhm

Another almost as simple option is to generate a uuid when you serve the comment form, include it as a hidden field and add it to the comment record in the database. During the postback, check to see if that uuid has already been added (either manually or by putting a unique constraint on that field of the table). Simpler than comparing the text of the comment anyway Smiley

• User profile image
    Angus

Try posting some of these ideas in the Wiki

I like the idea as having a double post is annoying, although, I don't think deleting should be allowed as it allows trolls, such as Beer28 who want to "erase" their tracks to do so with ease.

Nice ideas though

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

rhm wrote:
    Another almost as simple option is to generate a uuid when you serve the comment form, include it as a hidden field and add it to the comment record in the database. During the postback, check to see if that uuid has already been added (either manually or by putting a unique constraint on that field of the table). Simpler than comparing the text of the comment anyway

a hash

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Jason Cox wrote:
    I dont see how to do this accuratly on a large scale such as searching to make sure someone didnt post what you're posting a month ago, but your other part relating to double-posting can be solved simply by adding a little Javascript to the submit button to disable it after the first click.

Might be able to fix that with an isPostBack as well.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

so, they did it, try now to Post same post Smiley

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

Channel 9 wrote:
    Duplicate Post
    The administrator has configured the forums to not allow duplicate posts.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

only that its not working like i want Sad

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.