Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Windows Vista Embedded?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Matt8109

Hey everyone!
    I was wondering what information, if any, there is about Windows Vista Embedded?  I have been looking on channel 9 and msdn and I havent found alot.

Is it coming out anytime soon?  Myself and some other students at my school are looking to use Windows embedded in a project for next year, so hopefully Vista Embedded will be released in that timeframe.

Thanks for the info.

• User profile image
    An_Angel

So I am not the only person wondering what they are planning on doing with XP Embedded with the forthcoming release of Vista.... I too would like to know if they are planning on bringing out Vista Embedded...

It would be good to know as I have to make some very big design decisions on an embedded product over the next month or so.  Any info from MS would be greatly appreciated on this.  I will be at MEDC Europe so if there is anyone there who knows about this then please do contact me and I will catch up with you at the conference.

Many Thanks

Smiley

• User profile image
    eagle

Yes, there will be a Windows Vista Embedded

Windows Embedded Community  

MEDC this year was mostly about Windows CE 6.0

• User profile image
    mikehall

During the MEDC Keynote Pieter Knook outlined the roadmap for the Windows Embedded products - this included updates to Windows XP Embedded through feature packs and the addition of Vista technologies and the availability of Windows Vista with Embedded Licensing Restrictions.

- Mike

• User profile image
    eagle

G'Day Mike, hope you got a good video Podcast from MEDC down under..

• User profile image
    meteor

I think there is no Vista Embedded now.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.