Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Windows Vista Embedded?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Matt8109

Hey everyone!
    I was wondering what information, if any, there is about Windows Vista Embedded?  I have been looking on channel 9 and msdn and I havent found alot.

Is it coming out anytime soon?  Myself and some other students at my school are looking to use Windows embedded in a project for next year, so hopefully Vista Embedded will be released in that timeframe.

Thanks for the info.

• User profile image
    An_Angel

So I am not the only person wondering what they are planning on doing with XP Embedded with the forthcoming release of Vista.... I too would like to know if they are planning on bringing out Vista Embedded...

It would be good to know as I have to make some very big design decisions on an embedded product over the next month or so.  Any info from MS would be greatly appreciated on this.  I will be at MEDC Europe so if there is anyone there who knows about this then please do contact me and I will catch up with you at the conference.

Many Thanks

Smiley

• User profile image
    eagle

Yes, there will be a Windows Vista Embedded

Windows Embedded Community  

MEDC this year was mostly about Windows CE 6.0

• User profile image
    mikehall

During the MEDC Keynote Pieter Knook outlined the roadmap for the Windows Embedded products - this included updates to Windows XP Embedded through feature packs and the addition of Vista technologies and the availability of Windows Vista with Embedded Licensing Restrictions.

- Mike

• User profile image
    eagle

G'Day Mike, hope you got a good video Podcast from MEDC down under..

• User profile image
    meteor

I think there is no Vista Embedded now.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.