Coffeehouse Thread

130 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

IE7 Beta 2 released

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    dahat

Charles wrote:
    What questions do you want the IE team to answer re:Beta 2?

My #1 question:

• Will the memory usage of IE7 come down significantly before RTM?
  • User profile image
    Maurits

ChrisA wrote:
    When will a build of IE 7 be released for Linux?

Presumably when customer demand warrants it.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Maurits wrote:
    ChrisA wrote: When will a build of IE 7 be released for Linux?

Maurits, NEVER is such a big word... Smiley

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Charles wrote:

We are going to conduct an interview for C9 with some IE devs and PMs and I want to bring your questions to them.

Speak up.

C

Will drag and drop functionality be built into IE7 to allow the dragging of tabs into the favorites area or dragging and dropping of the RSS icon onto the feeds area to "quick add" a feed?

Kinda like Firefox, AOL Explorer, etc, etc...

• User profile image
    C9Guy
  • User profile image
    anthq11

Niiiice!

I also recreated a couple of the error screens from IE7B2...

http://www.q-kid.net/ie7/

• User profile image
    Harlequin

PaoloM wrote:
    Maurits wrote:
    ChrisA wrote: When will a build of IE 7 be released for Linux?

Maurits, NEVER is such a big word...

You never know. The Microsoft OSS labs might be able to hand over design specs or something to the IE7 team so they can code for other operating systems.

• User profile image
    DCMonkey

ChrisA wrote:
    I have a question for them:

When will a build of IE 7 be released for Linux?  I personally like being able to rn the same software on my Windows and Linux machines.

Even Scribus?

• User profile image
    ddewbofh

ChrisA wrote:
    I do not use or advocate use of Open Source software on Windows.  IE is not Open Source.  The Scribus gys have agreed with me and I wouldnt be surprised to see theWindows port terminated

Suuuure...it really looked like they agreed with you on the list.

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Would you guys stop responding to obvious trollers? Pretty please?

• User profile image
    schrepfler

Charles, I'd like to know the following:
    Having IE just woken up from a (too)long winter sleep and being such a mature project, how agile does it aim to be in the future? I mean, will we see CSS3 from day one that it gets official, will we see some gradual adoption with minor releases like Firefox does or will it be 1 year+ to see new standards pushed through?
    What other standards that are coming through the W3C that you are aiming to integrate in the future?
    Thanks

• User profile image
    DigitalDud

Nice, it's beta and it still uses significantly less memory than Firefox. Ie7 with 8 tabs is using 132 MB vs. 350 for 3 tabs in Firefox.

• User profile image
    Cider

DigitalDud wrote:

Nice, it's beta and it still uses significantly less memory than Firefox. Ie7 with 8 tabs is using 132 MB vs. 350 for 3 tabs in Firefox.

Some might argue that neither can be particularly proud of those figures...

• User profile image
    c9girl
  • User profile image
    Nidonocu

Charles wrote:

We are going to conduct an interview for C9 with some IE devs and PMs and I want to bring your questions to them.

Speak up.

C

Will API's (.net and Javascript options please!) and documentation for creating add-ons be improved soon? If they want a Firefox extensions like community, they need to improve these. Wink

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Runs on Server 2003 now Im happy.  Great job MS guys

• User profile image
    sushovande

Nidonocu wrote:

Will API's (.net and Javascript options please!) and documentation for creating add-ons be improved soon? If they want a Firefox extensions like community, they need to improve these.

I second that... I am sure many of us want to customise our browsing experience in our specific particular way, and we need ways of doing that easily.

• User profile image
    jamie

Charles wrote:

Speak up.

C

Why are the main browser action icons placed on different sides (and levels) of the application bar - rather than top left in a row?

What are "coolbars" called now that everything is locked with no high customization level as before?

Will fullscreen ever be fullscreen again? If not - as ive been told - will you be naming it something else?  (80% full screen?)

If your homepage is msn search, live search or google - and you want to turn off the search field on the toolbar why cant you?

Why is every icon style seemingly different? (rounded square, circle or no container at all,  - gray / full colour ...- glass-ish / xp-ish ...  flat / 3d...) ?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.