Coffeehouse Thread

37 posts

Channel9: E-mail spam about dating coming from C9

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Zeo

So I've received 3 or 4 of these e=mails...and I can only think that Beer or W33bo are up to some games....Anyway I find it really really funny.

Here's an e-mail I I just got:

To: Me@hotmail.com
    Subject: Channel 9 user email: hi
    "I am Jenny, I saw your profile today and fund you worthy to be mine as some one whom i can lay on his arms as long as love is concern, caring and teassing you all the nightlong, If you are interested in knowing more about me and for me to send you some pictures of mine please contact me thus, (jennyb@hotmail.com) awaiting to hear from you."

Like I said I've recieved several of these in the last few days from the Channel9 mail alias, anyone else getting these--or am I just a really good looking guy?

Is channel9 becoming a dating site?!?!?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Zeo wrote:
    So I've received 3 or 4 of these e=mails...and I can only think that Beer or W33bo are up to some games....

Nice to know what you think I do in my spare time

• User profile image
    Zeo

You crazy Brits.

But if its not you.....then who would waste their time doing it--Beer?

• User profile image
    Angus

Zeo wrote:
    You crazy Brits.

But if its not you.....then who would waste their time doing it--Beer?

Could someone have written an application to do it?

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

eeeeeh, no. Smiley

Arn't like 90% of niners guys?Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Charles

Unfortunately, our email system is pretty lame. So, all you have to do is register and you can email other Niners (who have a public email address).

We have work to do in this area and we will address in our next release, which by the way, we will want your feedback on... Stay tuned.

C

• User profile image
    eagle

C9 is 99% male unfortunately......

Let's have a poll!

Are you ;

gay?

Stright?

or confused?

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Sometime ago someone tried to contact me over MSN and called itself DotNETGirl. Poking a bit at "her" it didn't sound like a bot, but it was dating crap.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

eagle wrote:

Stright?

or confused?

I'm married, does that make me straight and confused? Because sometimes.....man....she's nutz Cool

• User profile image
    W3bbo

eagle wrote:
    gay?

Stright?

or confused?

What if you're none of those?

• User profile image
    Tensor

I am sandra,I saw your profile today and fund you worthy to be mine as some one whom i can lay on his arms as long as love is concern, caring and teassing you all the nightlong, If you are interested in knowing more about me and for me to send you some pictures of mine please contact me thus, (email deleted to spare blushes)
    awaiting to hear from you.

As my profile says I am a good for nothing layabout, this chick must be very easy to impress.

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

All men?

Damn! Sad

[C][C][C][C]

Hey being single for 19 years now (lifetime) cant be all that bad right? Expressionless

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    Chadk

Xaero_Vincent wrote:
    All men?

Damn!

Hey being single for 19 years now (lifetime) cant be all that bad right?

Regards,
    Vincent

I shouldnt be saying anything.
    Single for 15 years(Lifetime) havent been that bad, really.

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

W3bbo wrote:
    eagle wrote: gay?

Stright?

or confused?

What if you're none of those?

Yes, there is also bi and also the not liking anyone.
    augh.

lol, but a good pole: gender.

• User profile image
    Charles

OK, boys. Tone down...

This is a thread about C9 mail spam (next time, please make the thread title more meaningful, Zeo...) not sexual preference or dating or the fact that most active Niners appear to be boys.
    C

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Well, that didn't take long to get a mail from Sandra, too.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

This is the main reason I don't have e-mail turned on here or my IM screen names on here...

• User profile image
    out180

Charles wrote:
    OK, boys. Tone down...

This is a thread about C9 mail spam (next time, please make the thread title more meaningful, Zeo...) not sexual preference or dating or the fact that most active Niners appear to be boys.
    C

What an odd thread to choose to have a problem with.  Perplexed

I posted this a few months ago about the same thing.  No staffers bothered to answer me however.  :O

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=164533#164533

I even had a descriptive title.  Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.