Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Use Linux and the Terrorist Win

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    defstream
  • User profile image
    dahat

One of these years someone should come up with a list of ‘and the Terrorists win” just to see how many things we should be avoiding and forgotten about.

• User profile image
    ddewbofh

omfg, best satire ever. People even took it seriously. Smiley

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

good one Smiley

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

Well, it is a funny parody, but there really is no denying the F/OSS has some roots in Marxist thought... I mean, how can "everyone pitch in and then we all share" not communist?  Not that communism is bad.  It is different.

• User profile image
    cheong

Linux? Chinese hackers? I can't make the connection again.

As far as I know, except the CLE(Chinese Linux Extension, an old project to display Chinese font and implement Chinese input method on XWindow) and CLDP(Chinese Linux Documentation Project, translate Linux documentation to Chinese language), there's no major Linux projects I aware of with Chinese people involved.

Now only if there's some really good Chinses hackers hack into the codebase of Linux... but then most contributors for Linux projects are top people(or at least has fair amount of knowledge) in the field of computer security. So I think the won't be easy... And afterall, with OpenSource any hidden change will be revealed one day or another. And I simply can't imagine if this sort of thing is found, other countries won't protest.

There ought to be some problem in my logic board (or his?).

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    cyber_rigger

Well, actually, FOSS software has individual ownership. The person that wrote it usually still owns it and licenses it for free use. Who owns Microsoft software? Can the each shareholder of Microsoft do as they wish with Microsoft software? Microsoft software does not have individual ownership. It is a community ownership. The Microsoft "community" (company) has to be in agreement to make changes to licensing.

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

There!  That pinned it!
    I just realized why I don't like the idea of Linux.  Yes, it is really quite Marxist.  Plus, I myself an American, like the idea of us making money.

• User profile image
    giggles

http://shelleytherepublican.com/2006/04/safdfdsafsadasd Shelley ...'s a terrorist ---------> .... or a thoughtless, unintelligent hypocrite. I see a future marketer on the doorstep.

• User profile image
    IRenderable

That is the funniest site I have ever read, not just that post, the whole thing.

• User profile image
    borosen

IRenderable wrote:
    That is the funniest site I have ever read, not just that post, the whole thing.

It is funny, I just can't figure out if it is for real though.

I'm starting to believe that this Shelley exists, and that these posts reflect her true opinions.

I hope I am wrong...

• User profile image
    spandau_b2

What a bunch of balloney. Is nothing more, nothing less than good old republican nationalist rethoric. A bunch of idiots.

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

Testing new avatar...

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    W3bbo

spandau_b2 wrote:
    What a bunch of balloney. Is nothing more, nothing less than good old republican nationalist rethoric. A bunch of idiots.

If you take it seriously, then you've been fooled Smiley Shelly the Republican is an internet satire piece, lampooning right-wingers. Much like Maddox does to macho-types or Adequacy did to soccer-mom parents a few years ago.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.