Coffeehouse Thread

1 post

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Feature: Old Thread Collapse - Question: Wiki Relevance

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

You want to post on C9.  It has something to do with an existing thread - but one from a long time ago.

You decide to add it to the end of the existing thread.. but after one reply - it just becomes - or - appears - to be the old thread.( lost in the shuffle)

It would be great to be able to "minimize" the posts within a thread ( if un-posted to for over 2 weeks for example)

So you would go to the existing thread - rather than making a new one.. but you could collapse that discussion - keep it's title but continue on.

*just like on the left of XP windows in the task area - up/down arrows/collapse

This way - you could add new info to thread - and if you think its approriate - collapse the old posts - but they are still there for everyone to read.

I suppose some members might collapse too many threads.. not sure.

I think this could help better utalize existing posts- without making un-neccessary new ones.

last point - the Wiki

Everyone says - "post it to the wiki! hooray the wiki"
    Problem to me is - there is no community input on the Wiki - or community notification.

You just add stuff in - and MS either does it or ignores it.

Id much prefer future threads to have a Wiki vote option - then as members discussed posts - they could quickly click the radio button " Wiki Feature" or "Add to Wiki". 

Then we wouldnt get techs saying "use the wiki" as it is built in to do so...albiet in a "Voted by" que - but thats better than current manual way?

** maybe old threads "auto-collapse" after 2 weeks of inactivity
    theyd only show original post - then collapsed discussion - then your new post/addition

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.