Coffeehouse Thread

25 posts

Consolas font available for download.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

The download is linked to from here.

I wonder if I can get it to work on one of my Macs - it *is* pretty nice.

• User profile image
    intelman

This font is rather pleasent. Channel9 should add this font to the reply boxes.

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

I've imported the C-fonts into my main install since ever I've access to the Longhorn beta. That they ship with Office 2007 beta now makes things handier.

However I'd like to be able to force the commandline to use Consolas. Expressionless

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

I got it in the console now :V

Follow these steps:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247815

Then reboot. Doesn't seem to work without doing that.

• User profile image
    dahat

I love this! An oh-so-readable font that lets me pack even more code onto the screen!

• User profile image
    out180

Sweet, thanks for the link.  I love it on the command line.

BTW, Hanselman has the instructions for adding it to the console linked from his article in the parent.  Click Wonderful in the article.

• User profile image
    KosherCoder

Get it fast people. For weeks now, MS has been sending C&Ds to every site that has posted these.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

KosherCoder wrote:
    Get it fast people. For weeks now, MS has been sending C&Ds to every site that has posted these.

The download is from Microsoft, so they're going to send a C&D to themself?

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Which reminds me, is there a color scheme available somewhere that makes my XML in VisualStudio look anything like this without having me fiddle around a lot?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• User profile image
    sbc

I use ProFont personally. Pretty good monospace font.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Tom Servo wrote:
    Which reminds me, is there a color scheme available somewhere that makes my XML in VisualStudio look anything like this without having me fiddle around a lot?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I prefer my XML looking like this:

Noteworthy: Despite having all of the "C-Set" fonts installed (ever since November last year) plain ol' "Consolas" doesn't appear in VS2003's Fonts and Colors setting pane, only "Consolas Bold Italic", which was unexpected.

• User profile image
    littleguru

You should try courier new with cleartype. It is killing you. Finally they made consolas public. Smiley I have switched to that font a while ago, because of the courier's cleartype lack

• User profile image
    Harlequin

W3bbo wrote:
    Noteworthy: Despite having all of the "C-Set" fonts installed (ever since November last year) plain ol' "Consolas" doesn't appear in VS2003's Fonts and Colors setting pane, only "Consolas Bold Italic", which was unexpected.

The Consolas from the download link appears fine in my Visual Studio 2003, and automatically sets the text editor to the font in VS2005. Didn't need a rebot as was mentioned above. It's even in my PhotoShop and other programs, so it must just install it into the fonts folder and the "setup" is for changing it automatically in VS2005.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

I don't see why they don't just go ahead and release them all...  the earlier they're out there, the sooner developers can start assuming they exist and use them on their web pages (like people do with Verdana or Georgia right now).

• User profile image
    Minh

Could someone post the .TTF? I'm getting a "A DLL we need to run this .EXE isn't on your computer" error.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Minh wrote:
    Could someone post the .TTF? I'm getting a "A DLL we need to run this .EXE isn't on your computer" error.

Imagine how bad it is for us poor maccies. Will have to install on my PC and copy it over, I am after all a VS2005 user, just not on the box where I want to use it.

• User profile image
    Minh

Rossj wrote:
    Minh wrote:Could someone post the .TTF? I'm getting a "A DLL we need to run this .EXE isn't on your computer" error.

Imagine how bad it is for us poor maccies. Will have to install on my PC and copy it over, I am after all a VS2005 user, just not on the box where I want to use it.
    Hey, does the EULA allows installation on the Mac?  Smiley You can get 10 yrs in jail for breaking the DMCA II you know?

• User profile image
    TadejK

I love this font! It's become my new primary font for programming in .net and php Big Smile

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.