Coffeehouse Thread

21 posts

Any news from Microsoft Expression Web designer?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Kenty

Just wondering when will it be released and if there is a beta avaible. If anyone knows please post.

• User profile image
    David7738

Kenty wrote:
    Just wondering when will it be released and if there is a beta avaible. If anyone knows please post.

You might try enrolling at Microsoft Connect. And if see if you can get into the beta. There is a Private Beta that started last week on it, which is as far as my NDA will allow me to comment.

In the installation notes: it is not compatible with ANY version of Office 2007 Beta.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Yep, it's a confidential beta. But it has been released to selected Beta testers.

• User profile image
    Andrei P

I thought I was in the beta:

You are invited to participate in a CONFIDENTIAL preview of Microsoft Expression Web Designer (EWD) on the Microsoft Connect Web site at http://connect.microsoft.com/" href="http://connect.microsoft.com/">http://connect.microsoft.com. This release is called Expression Web Designer CTP1 (Community Technology Preview 1). Your role in product development is important to us. By including you in our development process, we can make sure that our products meet the needs of our users and are reliable. Microsoft Connect enables you to connect with Microsoft developers, product managers, and other development team members to help us make our products the best they can be.

But when I entered my invitation ID I got:

The invitation code you entered is invalid, assigned to another person, or else the program is no longer accepting invitations.

• User profile image
    jamie

whoops there it is..
    repeat

still love this app - when can we talk about it no holds bared?  [y]

• User profile image
    Ang3lFir3

jamie wrote:
    whoops there it is..
    repeat

still love this app - when can we talk about it no holds bared? 

As soon as i get an invite on Connect!!!!! Tongue Out

• User profile image
    jamie

no...even with an invite .. its all oooooh scarry SHHHH beware...eula

this is the best code out of ms ive seen in years...  frontpage fixed! - can we talk about it? .....nooooo...

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

jamie wrote:

no...even with an invite .. its all oooooh scarry SHHHH beware...eula

this is the best code out of ms ive seen in years...  frontpage fixed! - can we talk about ? .....nooooo...

I'm looking forward to June so I can talk about it...  Tongue Out

I haven't even managed to get the Connect newsgroups to work...  I don't have good internet here and when I was still @ school the port news uses was apparently blocked...  so I can't say a thing!

• User profile image
    MasterPi

I haven't been able to install it.

Says something about "pre-release versions of Office 2007 system not supported" when I go to install.

Guess I need to go to connect to install latest Office build...if there is one.

Why does Expression depend on Office anyways?

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

mVPstar wrote:

Sorry we can't talk about it.

• User profile image
    jmacdonagh

Cybermagellan wrote:

mVPstar wrote: 

I'm not sure if you're allowed to say that.

• User profile image
    jamie

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

jmacdonagh wrote:

Cybermagellan wrote: 
    mVPstar wrote: 

I'm not sure if you're allowed to say that.

We better stop now before Charles locks this thread for copyright/NDA disscussion.

• User profile image
    Khamul

I opened the Web Designer.

I closed Web Designer.

I opened Dreamweaver.

And that, my friends, is really all there is to it - although I'll give it another shot when I'm not layed down with homework.

• User profile image
    raymond

I am more interested in the release of Sparkle, aka Expression Interactive Designer and seeing more videos about all the Expression applications.

I do, however, have one question to all you Microsoft web designers and developers that have used the Expression Web Designer:

Does it have the best of breed CSS editor and is that same editor going to be Visual Studio 2007? If not, why not?

I have used Top Style for several years and like it.

The CSS editor in Dreamweaver is OK, but I still prefer Top Style.

If you canot beat these, what have you been wasting your time on?

Raymond

• User profile image
    Ang3lFir3

raymond wrote:

I do, however, have one question to all you Microsoft web designers and developers that have used the Expression Web Designer:

Does it have the best of breed CSS editor and is that same editor going to be Visual Studio 2007? If not, why not?

They can't answer that question

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

raymond wrote:
    I am more interested in the release of Sparkle, aka Expression Interactive Designer and seeing more videos about all the Expression applications.

I have used Top Style for several years and like it.

The CSS editor in Dreamweaver is OK, but I still prefer Top Style.

If you canot beat these, what have you been wasting your time on?

Raymond

You'll have to wait until June to find out when the public beta comes out...  or hope they take it out of NDA.

• User profile image
    raymond

I am asking their opinion on the CSS editor in Expression Web Designer and Visual Studio 2007.

I will form my own opinion when I use the released product next year. No time for alpha, community technology preview, and beta versions.

I assume Expression will be released with the Windows Vista (client version) and Office 2007 about March 2007 and Visual Studio 2007 either then or with Windows Vista (server version) in November 2007.

Well is it?

a) Cool
    B) Great
    C) Exceptional
    D) None of the above
    E) It sucks 
    F) What is CSS?

Show us one of Channel 9's technology teasing videos (ttv), start a conversation and some buzz and then...

Charles run another poll! Smiley

Robert blog away!Wink

Raymond

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.