Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Can anyone help me? Widescreen vs. Fullscreen

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    EvrChangin​Anthem

Hello.  I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this, but I'm just really frustrated and not very good with computers.  I just bought a widescreen laptop a week ago.  The first few days I had it, everything was fine, but now I think the display has somehow switched to fullscreen.  There is black space on both the left and right side of the monitor.  My background is like this as well as any movies or games I try to play.  I was just wondering if there's anything I can do about that because it's supposed to be a widescreen display.  Thanks a lot!   

• User profile image
    EvrChangin​Anthem

blatzcoder wrote:
    So, if you play a widescreen DVD you have black bars all around?

Yes.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

What resolution is your computer set to? Make sure you've got it set to the native widescreen resolution of the screen. Sounds like you've got it set to a normal 4:3 (non-widescreen) resolution now.

• User profile image
    EvrChangin​Anthem

Sven Groot wrote:
    What resolution is your computer set to? Make sure you've got it set to the native widescreen resolution of the screen. Sounds like you've got it set to a normal 4:3 (non-widescreen) resolution now.

Yep, that fixed it.  I knew it was something simple for most people but not for me.  Thanks a lot!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.