Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Windows File managers

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    rjdohnert

Of the file managers Microsoft has released explorer included, which one was your favorite?  I personally vote for Winfile.exe, the NT version not the 16 bit version.

• User profile image
    julianbenja​min

rjdohnert wrote:
    Of the file managers Microsoft has released explorer included, which one was your favorite?  I personally vote for Winfile.exe, the NT version not the 16 bit version.

I second that.  In fact, I copy Winfile.exe over to all new installations, including XP and 2003.  It is a lot faster, and with the FMView plugin, it is unbeatable.

• User profile image
    jamie

ie6/e6

go from web - to local in ONE window
    up button  (check)
    coolbars  (check)
    customize/clean UI (after removing 8 icons) check

...= everything they are destroying in ie7/e7

• User profile image
    ddewbofh

ChrisA wrote:
    The best file manager in the world is Nautilus, seconded by OS X finder.

I've highlighted the vital part in the title for you since you obviously missed it: "Windows File Managers"

• User profile image
    TimP

How about FSV? I got it compiled and running last week for kicks. It's an interesting (albeit dated, source code hasn't been updated since 1999) way to browse the file system. It's more of a file system browser, though. As far as I know there's no way to move/copy/rename files.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.