Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Xbox 360 HD-DVD Addon Announced

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

They finally announced it Smiley Great stuff.

http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=33138

• User profile image
    Manip

I wonder if Microsoft will continue to sell the DVD version of the 360 or if they will, when price allows, replace the DVD with a HD player?

Of course even if Microsoft did do that the games still couldn't support anything that the new formats offer (increase disk space) without alienating the existing 360 owners.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Manip wrote:
    I wonder if Microsoft will continue to sell the DVD version of the 360 or if they will, when price allows, replace the DVD with a HD player?

Of course even if Microsoft did do that the games still couldn't support anything that the new formats offer (increase disk space) without alienating the existing 360 owners.

I was thinking the exact things, when I read the article. I guess it is only to watch HD DVDs. I can't immagine games coming out on it, because of the problem that this would mean an update to the new thing for everybody.

We will see what they want for it Smiley Perhaps they keep it cheap and an Xbox owner gets a special discount.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.