Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Fancy Firefox Extension

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

Just in case you use Firefox, and often find yourself swamped in tabs you might want to try Reveal (1.5+).  Press F2 to get an overlay (graphical view of all tabs) that you can re-order (or search), or triple click to magnify a small area of the page (and then scrollywheel to zoom in/out).

I think this is going to get lots of use out of me.

• User profile image
    Manip

I don't like it ... But then saying that, I also don't use IE 7's version of the same...

I've never found it difficult to keep track of multiple tabs or windows; all these tools do is slow me down -- which seems rather counterproductive.

I wish there was a check-box in IE 7 so I can disable the button that auto-appears when two or more tabs are open. Oh well.

• User profile image
    Rowan

Manip wrote:
    I wish there was a check-box in IE 7 so I can disable the button that auto-appears when two or more tabs are open. Oh well.

It is there, look harder mate. Open your eyes!

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Rowan

Well I just tried the extension, I don't think I've been this impressed by an extension in a long time. I cannot believe how useful this is.

• User profile image
    Manip

Rowan wrote:

Manip wrote: I wish there was a check-box in IE 7 so I can disable the button that auto-appears when two or more tabs are open. Oh well.

Where?

• User profile image
    Rowan

Manip wrote:
    Rowan wrote:
    Manip wrote: I wish there was a check-box in IE 7 so I can disable the button that auto-appears when two or more tabs are open. Oh well.

Where?

Tools > Tabs > Settings > Enable Quicktabs (Requires restarting Internet Explorer)

• User profile image
    Rossj

Rowan wrote:
    Well I just tried the extension, I don't think I've been this impressed by an extension in a long time. I cannot believe how useful this is.

Mouse over the back button Smiley

• User profile image
    Another_​Darren

The cheek! :O

That's it I'm not showing you any more new toys!  Wink

• User profile image
    Rossj

Another_Darren wrote:
    The cheek! 

That's it I'm not showing you any more new toys! 

Mate, I am still looking for someone whom I can show Witch to Smiley I think you should let me off, it is your fault that I have more programs downloaded than I have time to install.

• User profile image
    Manip

Rowan wrote:

Manip wrote:
    Rowan wrote:

Where?

Tools > Tabs > Settings > Enable Quicktabs (Requires restarting Internet Explorer)

Cool, thanks. Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.