Coffeehouse Thread

22 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Code Master Challenge!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

If she is judging, I'll consider it. Smiley

• User profile image
    Rossj

Zeo wrote:
    I hope some niners enter and it would be really sweet if one actually won the contest.

Hmm. Vista. Never tried it, I don't have the spare hardware to run it on (nor VPC). Ne'er mind.

• User profile image
    Manip

Wow... So now Microsoft is spitting on the people who aren't in the Vista beta?

• User profile image
    dahat

Manip wrote:
    Wow... So now Microsoft is spitting on the people who aren't in the Vista beta?

How do you figure?

• User profile image
    Manip

dahat wrote:

Manip wrote: Wow... So now Microsoft is spitting on the people who aren't in the Vista beta?

How do you figure?

Microsoft start a competition for ONLY the people in the beta...

• User profile image
    dahat

Manip wrote:

True... they obviously want to keep the beta group quite low as they’ve made it extremely difficult so far to get into the beta, not to mention the hidden link on the site where they make you click on yet another link named ‘Download Windows Vista Beta’ which in turn takes you here.

This is the second time in recent memory I recall you being very negative about a coding competition around these parts where your perception of reality radically differed from fact... what gives?

You realize that it takes more effort to install Vista (stupid 60 min install) than it does to legitimately get a beta copy right?

• User profile image
    Manip

You just made yourself look like a fool... As I've been registered on the "Beta Experience" site now for a couple of months. Registration does nothing... You only gain access to the newsletter.  

If you had taken 30 seconds out that 60 minutes you said your using to install Vista and read the site you would have seen:

Beta Experience wrote:
  • A reminder as soon as the beta software is available
  • An opportunity to download or order the beta software (shipping and handling fee may apply)
  • The Beta Experience Newsletter (6-weekly)
  • Exclusive videos, samples, web casts and gadgets
  • Thus the competition is ONLY open to members of the Vista beta.

dahat wrote:
     You realize that it takes more effort to install Vista (stupid 60 min install) than it does to legitimately get a beta copy right?

Please explain HOW Mr.Guru.

• User profile image
    dahat

Manip wrote:
    You just made yourself look like a fool... As I've been registered on the "Beta Experience" site now for a couple of months. Registration does nothing... You only gain access to the newsletter. 

I’m fully aware of what the site said and didn’t think it necessary to quote it, especially considering that the more public beta 2 should be released to a wider audience before too long.

Furthermore if you had responded to a post a couple of months back from Zeo pointing to a MSDN Blogs post by Steve Carbone where you could reply to get beta access. If you had then you would have received beta access through Connect as so many people here did.

Manip wrote:
    Thus the competition is ONLY open to members of the Vista beta.

Really? So you are saying that it would be impossible for someone to say... download, install and crack an illegitimate copy off of bittorrent or the newsgroups and use it to write/test their killer and possibly winning app?

Manip wrote:
    Please explain HOW Mr.Guru.

I’m done arguing with you Manip because instead of discussing this calmly and logically you are resorting to name calling and crying fowl while you froth over this new target to grind your axe... whatever the reason.

• User profile image
    Manip

dahat wrote:
    Furthermore if you had responded to a post a couple of months back from Zeo pointing to a MSDN Blogs post by Steve Carbone where you could reply to get beta access. If you had then you would have received beta access through Connect as so many people here did.

When I was on holiday? ... If you lend me your time machine I will go back and reply to the post but until then...

dahat wrote:
    Really? So you are saying that it would be impossible for someone to say... download, install and crack an illegitimate copy off of bittorrent or the newsgroups and use it to write/test their killer and possibly winning app?

Are you serious? You are suggesting I pirate Vista so I can enter a competition run by Microsoft?

dahat wrote:
    I’m done arguing with you Manip because instead of discussing this calmly and logically you are resorting to name calling and crying fowl while you froth over this new target to grind your axe... whatever the reason.

It isn't an argument, it is you making yourself look silly.

Why don't you check your facts next time before you go around correcting people with your funny funny sarcasm.

• User profile image
    dahat

dahat wrote:

• User profile image
    Rossj

Manip wrote:
    It isn't an argument, it is you making yourself look silly.

Why don't you check your facts next time before you go around correcting people with your funny funny sarcasm.

Manip. Mate. You really need to work on your people skills. Seriously.

• User profile image
    Manip

Rossj wrote:

Manip wrote: It isn't an argument, it is you making yourself look silly.

Maybe people need to work on their Manip interaction skills. -- Just a thought.

• User profile image
    Shiv

Manip wrote:

dahat wrote: 
    Manip wrote: Wow... So now Microsoft is spitting on the people who aren't in the Vista beta?

How do you figure?

well check out the rules to see fully as to how participate in this competition . @ http://www.codemasterchallenge.com/rules.aspx under
     2. PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST

code master rules wrote:

C. DEVELOP AN APPLICATION COMPATIBLE WITH THE MICROSOFT® WINDOWS VISTA™ PLATFORM. Using the SDK, develop an application, as specified in the SDK. Prospective Participants should consult these Rules in conjunction with their Contest-related application development efforts, including the Judging Criteria and Contest Prizes specified herein.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Manip wrote:
    Rossj wrote:
    Manip wrote: It isn't an argument, it is you making yourself look silly.

Good god, you're an arrogant twonk.

[Edited: Original insult was too harsh]

• User profile image
    AndyC

Manip wrote:

a) Get over yourself, seriously.

b) Given that all the WinFX stuff runs on XP, having Vista itself isn't really necessary to enter.

• User profile image
    Manip

Rossj wrote:

Good god, you're an arrogant twonk.

[Edited: Original insult was too harsh]

That's pretty rich for someone telling me how I should or shouldn't behave.

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

dahat wrote:

True... they obviously want to keep the beta group quite low as they’ve made it extremely difficult so far to get into the beta, not to mention the hidden link on the site where they make you click on yet another link named ‘Download Windows Vista Beta’ which in turn takes you here.

This is the second time in recent memory I recall you being very negative about a coding competition around these parts where your perception of reality radically differed from fact... what gives?

Pasted link wrote:

MSDN Subscriptions - If you have an MSDN Subscription (Operating System level or higher), you can download the latest version of Windows Vista.

NOT TRUE!  Not true!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.