Coffeehouse Thread

17 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

24 (the Show) Discussion

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    phreaks

Who saw 24 last night?

That show gives me so much anxiety!
    They left us hanging again last night, what do you think is going to happen next week?

Will President Logan finally be exposed for the scum he is, or will he succeed in framing Jack Bauer for the murder of the former President?

What about Bill and Chloie, will they be killed or go to prison as casualties of President Logan's corruption.

What about the Vice -President and The First Lady?
    They are both getting pretty suspicious of the President.

Ahhhrgh, I can't wait for next week, I think there are only 3 episodes left of this season.

• User profile image
    out180

24 is one of the best shows on American television.

Chloe will stay around like she always does.  She has developed quite the fan base over the seasons.

• User profile image
    dahat

You dare question for a moment the power of Jack Bauer to defend this country against the terrorists? This must be your first season of 24.

Here are some thoughts to consider to bring you up to speed so that you will know what is next:

• When Kim Bauer lost her virginity, Jack Bauer found it and put it back.
    • Jesus died and rose from the dead in 3 days. It took Jack Bauer less than an hour. And he's done it twice.
    • Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.
    • If everyone on "24" followed Jack Bauer's instructions, it would be called "12".
    • Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry.
    • Jack Bauer got Hellen Keller to talk.
    • Jack Bauer doesn't miss. If he didn't hit you it's because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.
    • Jack Bauer played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.
    • When Jack Bauer goes to the airport and the metal detector doesn't go off, security gives him a gun.
    • Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas.
  • User profile image
    phreaks

Who is the guy in cahoots with President Logan behind the scenes (the one that 'suggested' Logan should kill himself last night) ?
    NSA? CIA?

• User profile image
    out180

dahat wrote:

You dare question for a moment the power of Jack Bauer to defend this country against the terrorists? This must be your first season of 24.

Here are some thoughts to consider to bring you up to speed so that you will know what is next:

• When Kim Bauer lost her virginity, Jack Bauer found it and put it back.
    • Jesus died and rose from the dead in 3 days. It took Jack Bauer less than an hour. And he's done it twice.
    • Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.
    • If everyone on "24" followed Jack Bauer's instructions, it would be called "12".
    • Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry.
    • Jack Bauer got Hellen Keller to talk.
    • Jack Bauer doesn't miss. If he didn't hit you it's because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.
    • Jack Bauer played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.
    • When Jack Bauer goes to the airport and the metal detector doesn't go off, security gives him a gun.
    • Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

Holy crap *tear in my eye* - Good stuff

I think my favorite has to be "If everyone on "24" followed Jack Bauer's instructions, it would be called "12"."

• User profile image
    Wells

They're called "The Bluetooth Gang".

• User profile image
    sgomez

out180 wrote:
    24 is one of the best shows on American television.

Dude! what about Lost???

• User profile image
    dahat

H4L0PR1CK wrote:
    Who is the guy in cahoots with President Logan behind the scenes (the one that 'suggested' Logan should kill himself last night) ?
    NSA? CIA?

We don’t know yet... but that’s typical 24 scripting... we’ll start the season with bad guy A who is eventually stopped... only to learn that he was being controlled by bad guy B who becomes the next enemy who is later found to be following the orders of bad guy C... and so the process continues until we end up with one penultimate bad guy who is the true leader along with at last finding out the real plan.

S5 has been a much more clear from early on of what the ultimate goal was... we just haven’t found out who was ultimately behind it until a month ago.

• User profile image
    dahat

sgomez wrote:

out180 wrote: 24 is one of the best shows on American television.

Dude! what about Lost???

If Jack Bauer was on the island he would escape in less than a day.

Seriously though... it is a good show but you've at least got to give it to 24... they at least explain things. Sure you walk away from each episode saying "oh now, how will Jack get little Timmy out of the well before the terrorists attack?"... on Lost they'll answer some minor thing with a lie to try to satisfy you... and then force feed you 3 more things that drive you insane.

I mean... good god! Just because they both got a DUI and will be behind bars for a lil while... did we really have to have Michael kill them?

• User profile image
    nelsonha

All good.  Check out this site for more Jack Bauer facts:

http://www.notrly.com/jackbauer/index.php?topthirty

• User profile image
    jkwuc89

The power of Jack Bauer post is a classic and a keeper!!!

I hope that President Logan and his new lackey inside CTU who erased the recording end up in Jack's gun site.  I don't know who I dislike more.

• User profile image
    harumscarum

I hate and love 24. Sometimes it can be completely ridiculous but I continue to watch to see what happens next. I actually find some of the explanations funny sometimes. "I'll check the binary".

Why the hell did Jack not check the recording when he first got it from that co pilot? Why did he not send the recording over hisl337 phone back to CTU?

• User profile image
    Simo

dahat wrote:

• Jesus died and rose from the dead in 3 days. It took Jack Bauer less than an hour*. And he's done it twice.

* Less than 45 minutes when viewing on the BBC

• User profile image
    phreaks

jkwuc89 wrote:
    The power of Jack Bauer post is a classic and a keeper!!!

I hope that President Logan and his new lackey inside CTU who erased the recording end up in Jack's gun site.  I don't know who I dislike more.

I have a feeling that Chloie is going to be able to 'recover' the recording somehow, but you never really know what is going to happen next.

//Ya, those 'Check the Binary' moments make me laugh too

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

H4L0PR1CK wrote:

It's werid some times they have quite sound well researched techno bable and then other times it like the script writers managed to sneak bit in while the tech consultants out for coffee!

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

sgomez wrote:

out180 wrote: 24 is one of the best shows on American television.

Dude! what about Lost???

Lost sucks, well actuually no, I quite like it, just hate all the on one week, then off for the next  three weeks, on, off, etc.  At least 24 on each week so I don't get withdrawl.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

H4L0PR1CK wrote:
    I have a feeling that Chloie is going to be able to 'recover' the recording somehow, but you never really know what is going to happen next.

Or she might just have a backup just in case...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.