Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Harddrive *&^*(*&^5%$#%$@!@#$%^

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    zzzzz

The hard drive on my laptop just up and stopped working this weekend

Called HP and talked to some India lady that knew nothing about computers other than what the script says

I was completely ignoring her while i was recovering the unbacked up data of the drive and told her  "i did all the diagnostic stuff already and the drive has trashed"

She went on and on, I said Yes sure whatever not paying any attention to her and said yes it just returns an error

What is the Error she asked

I said i don't know it just reboots before i can write it down  (although i had not done that and was to busy getting the unsaved data off)   I told her, just send me a knew drive because this computer is still under warranty. 

She then brings on another person named Todd (My comment in my head "if your name is Todd I'm the King of England") 

He asked some more stupid question out of a script which i was ignoring and just and answered with yea sure whatever, No it just returns error messages and making a clicking noise.. 

after about 30 minutes of this HP sent me a new drive

The drive showed up today.  Now i'm in the process of installing WinXP and copying my data over. 

Oh the joys of hardware failures

• User profile image
    Aestivalis

All i could do was laugh after the india comment. kinda sad really. I lost my job with Countrywide becuase they outsourced to some people from India and bringing them to America to do SysAdmin. How much bull is that? anyway I work for the Screen Actors Guild now and they have constantly told me and my IT guys that they will never outsource *shrugs*

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Aestivalis wrote:
    All i could do was laugh after the india comment. kinda sad really. I lost my job with Countrywide becuase they outsourced to some people from India and bringing them to America to do SysAdmin. How much bull is that? anyway I work for the Screen Actors Guild now and they have constantly told me and my IT guys that they will never outsource *shrugs*

Yeah, whatever.  You've heard of Bollywood?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.