Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Mind Manager / Mapping

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    phreaks

Anyone here utilizing the benifits of Mind managers / Mind mapping software applications like MindJet's MindManager?

At first I started only using it during requirement gathering and brainstorming design phases. Now I am becoming more dependent on it for many things.

I can create logical design diagrams very quickly and efficiently, move individual components around with ease and get a really good visualization aid to my overall design plans; which makes creating final design diagrams so much easier.

Just wondering if anyone else has been using similiar techniques?

• User profile image
    martin_lovi​ck

dunno about mind mapping but i always find a nice big bit of paper is a good place to start a design/project

• User profile image
    phreaks

martin_lovick wrote:
    dunno about mind mapping but i always find a nice big bit of paper is a good place to start a design/project

You should download the trial and give it a test drive.
    If you are anything like me, it will save you alot of time and effort and just may help facilitate designing a better application.

Honestly, I am very impressed with the idea and functionality of this software as a whole.

• User profile image
    Cider

We use MindGenius quite a bit.  Its meant to be one of the better mind mapping pieces of software.  I've also seen it used with those with learning difficulties and its really great for them.

I find it useful sometimes, but as often just prefer to note stuff down on my Tablet or plan out my thoughts big-style on a White Board.

• User profile image
    Red5

I've used the trial version and really liked it.

• User profile image
    mscherotter

If you are using MindManager for requirements gathering, take a look at this free MindManager add-in I built, Mindjet Requirements Manager which integrates with Microsoft's Visual Studio Team System.

Michael S. Scherotter
    Product Manager, Solution Platforms
    Mindjet Corporation

• User profile image
    sbc

I've done a bit of mind mapping in the past for a course I am doing (not sure if I will in the future). I used Freemind to do it. Mindjet does look better and have more features, but Freemind is free (open source).

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.